Author Topic: The Big project has begun  (Read 19543 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
The Big project has begun
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2006, 02:39:23 PM »
Quote from: "Ed"
Quote from: "dakota's dad"
if this farm hand can figure it out you should be able to. felt like a monkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

You know, I can't really picture that, but thats Ok, lol

Farm hand, monkey's xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! What's this board coming to?  Oh quit talking and post pics.   :P
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline dakota's dad

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Damselfish
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 05:46:40 PM »
i knew i could get a rise out of someone.
Paul:75gal aga w/ 400 xm 10k, 175 xm 10k & 24" t8 actinic with fish, sps skeletons & a few shrooms. 20 gal w/fish,enemones, lps & softies

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2006, 08:21:01 PM »
Quote from: "angelscrx"
if this farm hand can figure it out you should be able to. felt like a monkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Farm hand, monkey's xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! What's this board coming to?  Oh quit talking and post pics.   :P
come over and see..:)

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2006, 10:22:55 PM »
Hey Ed,

Do you know where Rick Halverson got that load of Mysis shrimp?  They are great food for the seahorses and I am running out.  Maybe if you have Rick's contact info you could ask him if he would mind sharing that source.

Thanks
Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2006, 04:00:56 PM »
if this farm hand can figure it out you should be able to. felt like a monkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Farm hand, monkey's xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! What's this board coming to?  Oh quit talking and post pics.   :P

I was going to say a Hat but the pictures is a better answer.  Can I phone a friend?
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2006, 08:45:21 PM »
Where in the world is this thread heading?
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2006, 04:11:56 PM »
Quote from: "tyler5g"
Where in the world is this thread heading?

Do you want to use you 50/50 for that answer?

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2006, 06:40:02 PM »
No, I think I poll the audience.  Regis........
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2006, 09:22:55 AM »
if this farm hand can figure it out you should be able to. felt like a monkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I was going to say a Hat but the pictures is a better answer.  Can I phone a friend?

Hey folks, lets try to clean this up a little before it gets deleted. You may notice the adjustments I made to these posts. This is a family forum and some folks may not like the humor expressed at times.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2006, 05:12:26 AM »
Thanks Les.  We're sorry. :cry:

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2006, 10:21:34 AM »

lol...Angel, you are  good.

Rick,
   I know he purchased Mysis from Canada, that is it.   I wil try to contact him.
come over and see..:)

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
John can you up date this post?
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2006, 04:48:45 AM »
John can you up date on how your tank is doing? Have you started to do any cycling yet? What are your plans? I liked your last shot what is the Tank "Dimensions"...Jeff
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2006, 12:46:58 PM »
Jeff,

The sump amd 'fuge have about 80 lbs of rock and 100 gallons of water in it and that part of the system has been up and cycling for about 2 weeks now.  The skimmer is also going and doing exactly what it is supposed to do, pulling out brown stuff.  I ordered more rock on Sunday nite and it is suppose to be here on Wed or Thur.  There is no water circulating through the main tank yet, until I get this rock that is coming in.  The sump rock is basically dead liverock that I had or got from various club members with about 7-8 lbs of actual  live rock that I picked up at Aquatropics to get the system going and reseed all of the other rock that is in there. When the new liverock arrives this week, I will mix up the rest of the water and move all the rock into the main tank and get it going.  Hopefully this will all be done by the time we have the meeting on Saturday night.  The plan for the tank is for it to be a SPS and clam tank with an occasional LPS.  I have about 6 pieces in my small tank that will be moved over as well as a couple of pieces that are currently in Les's tank. The small tank then will be strickly softies.    
As far as the physical demensions, the tank itself is about 30" tall, 4 ft long, and 3ft at one end and 2 ft at the other end in depth.  The front face tapers from the 3ft side down to the 2 ft side.  Best I can figure, the tank holds about 206 gallons, with probably another 100-125 in the sump/fuge/protein skimmer.  The stand is about 6'6" tall with the depth and width matching the tank dimensions.  i look forward to showing it off Saturday night.  See you there.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2006, 03:49:54 PM »
I wish I could see it in person.  POst some updated pics John man!

Offline dakota's dad

• Damselfish
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2006, 01:25:22 PM »
Not what the pic was intended for but you can see the tank w/water and rock.

I should have taken one of the tank but i didnt. Sorry :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Paul:75gal aga w/ 400 xm 10k, 175 xm 10k & 24" t8 actinic with fish, sps skeletons & a few shrooms. 20 gal w/fish,enemones, lps & softies