Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club

September 19, 2017, 04:12:28 am
News: Contact Nacheetah if you are in the club and would like to host a meeting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The Big project has begun  (Read 19107 times)

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish

The Big project has begun
« on: August 26, 2006, 09:05:00 am »
Hello all,

Well, after almost a year of collecting pieces and parts, and pumps, and sumps, the new 206 that use to be at Rico and Barbie's place is finally getting assembled.  Monday night Les and I started the drilling of the tank, and much to the angst of Angela, the drilling of the wall to feed the tank into the garage were the sump is located.  We ahve been working nightly through the week, and as everyone who has done this knows, ther have been several trips to the Depot for misc plumbing parts. The tank is now drilled, bulkheads installed, pipes through the wall, and we are getting to where the pumps are starting to get plumbed in.  No major problems so far, (knock on wood.  You can use my head to knock on for  undertaking this project.)  For those interested in the specs of the new system, I will be using a Dolphin Ampmaster 3000 for the closed loop pushing back through 4 ball sockets located in one end of the tank. The ball sockets will be nice for being able to "aim" and change the flow as needed.  The sump return will be using a Dolphin Ampmaster 2700 to pull the return through the sump/skimmer combo that Les and I built and return it back to the tank through 4 lockline returns plumbed into the top of the tank.  Skimmer and 'fuge water duties will be handled by a Mag 7.  Lighting will be supplied by twin 400 MH supplimented by T-5 actinics.  
Which reminds me, anyone going to Seattle soon? I purchased some lighting pieces and need to get them back here. I'll try and get some pictures posted of the progress ASAP.  If anyone wants to help, or is interested in seeing a system being built, stop on by, there are always cold ones in the 'frige.  Special thanks to my wife, for letting me punch holes in our walls, and spending our kid's college money.  You're the best!!!!!
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 10:39:02 am »
Sweeeeeeet John but you have to post more pics than that!  Greta job on taking the first step.  Congrats.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 05:13:56 pm »
Atta boy John- keep us posted!!!
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 08:41:55 pm »
More pics of closed loop return;
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 08:44:23 pm »
Looking great John.

BTW I will be in Kirkland this Tuesday through Thursday for a training class.  Send me the details and I will be glad to help out.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 09:23:07 pm »
Closed loop is done. I can't thank Les enough for helping me out with his expertise.  We are all lucky to have him in our club.  He has entrusted me to finish the return line by myself, but I think I have it under control.  I'll post photos of that side as I get it done.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 06:43:18 pm »
I wish I was there to help.  This looks like so much fun!
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 08:25:18 am »
Well...there's another tank that will be up and running before I finish up on ours.   :P   But...only by a little.  I hope to be finishing up the plumbing Monday, doing a test run in the garage for a week or so, then moving it all inside, getting the chiller added into the loop, and then start making water, getting rock ready, and cycling the tank.

Things are looking good guys!  Hope progress keeps going at the rate it has been.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 05:51:20 pm »
Nate you need to take pics and start your own thread so we can all enjoy it!  I wish I was there to help with all the help you gave me I owe it to you.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 06:50:47 am »
Quote from: "angelscrx"
Nate you need to take pics and start your own thread so we can all enjoy it!  I wish I was there to help with all the help you gave me I owe it to you.

Nah, you don't owe me anything Angel.  I just wish you were still around.   :(   Once I start making enough progress to bother posting, I'll start a new thread.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 03:47:25 pm »
I can host a meeting at my house and everyone can fly in and visit!!!!  I miss everyone there.

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 03:05:50 pm »
Done, and ready for water test!!!!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 05:48:07 am »
Very well done. Now put some water in that bad boy!!! :D

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 10:50:34 am »
John-
That looks awesome! I can't wait to see it all finished up. Thanks for the pix!!!
Dashia
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 11:48:56 am »
We are just a bit behind you John..or maybe a lot,  but this is fun watching all the progress.

We brought the stand into our fish room and are getting ready to start building around it.  We still have quite a ways to go before we are done.

Check out Nacho's home made stand on the forum index titled "Strictly fish room 2"
In the works on a 120 GL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up