Author Topic: Hey Matt how about a HOT overflow??  (Read 2490 times)

Offline MikeMc

• Goby
Hey Matt how about a HOT overflow??
« on: November 16, 2003, 07:15:45 PM »
Matt sence your the man when it comes to diy stuff do you think you could build me an overflow???  I am finely going to put a sump on my 55.   I would like it to flow 800 to 1,000 gallons an hour or so.  I am going to put a mag 9.5 on it.  Tell me what you think???  How much???  I am in no hurry for it as this is a project for the next month or 2.  I still have to build a stand for the tank and sump.  This is the plan for the sump.  One 20g long with all the dividers and goodies.  Then on the return line to the tank I will T it off and run that to a 10 gallon refug.  What do you guys think???  Thanks
Mike
25 gallon

Yellotang

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 06:28:18 AM »
I have built overflows before. I personally did not like them and I am sure if I did it again I would not like them. I am guessing around $60 for one.

But if you want, I can drill the tank allot cheaper then that. If you want to take the time to drain it and bring it to my house, I can even install overflow boxes inside. (RR style) Personally, IMHO, thats the best way to go.

Yellotang

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 06:29:02 AM »
And BTW the price for doing that is about the same.

Offline MikeMc

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 07:13:07 AM »
ok I might jsut have you drill the tank.  I will let you know when I am closer to getting this done!!  Thanks
Mike
25 gallon