Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club

September 19, 2017, 04:15:00 am
News: Contact Nacheetah if you are in the club and would like to host a meeting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: My Tank Update  (Read 30195 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

My Tank Update
« on: October 30, 2005, 08:36:54 pm »
Finally the long awaited unvailing of my tank.  I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do.

[attachment deleted by admin]
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

My Tank Update
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 08:54:48 pm »
More pics.

150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

My Tank Update
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 09:07:36 pm »
And some more.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

My Tank Update
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 09:09:28 pm »
And more.

Offline BSHANE651

• Goby

My Tank Update
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 06:18:13 am »
Angel--- the tank is looking great!!

im gonna have to come check it out pretty soon
5 AGA
400 WATT MH PENDANT 20K
4X55 PC
XENIA,FROGSPAWN,HAMMER,STARBURST,MUSHROOMS, ZOOS, CABBAGE,ORANGE CAP, BROWN MONTIPORA DIGITATA

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

My Tank Update
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 06:32:26 am »
Looks great Angel.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn

My Tank Update
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 06:42:15 am »
:D Bait should see this now.   I bet he will want it back.. :wink: Angel, it looks awesome, good job
Ed :D
come over and see..:)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

My Tank Update
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 06:17:27 pm »
Thank you all I appreciate the kind words.  Now that I know I can shrink the pictures without buying any special software I will post more as I take them.

Offline i1justin

• Goby
    • http://www.perceptionaquatics.com

My Tank Update
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 08:34:06 pm »
i saw it in person and let me tell you angel needs to learn how to take some decent pictures  :D  The tank looks great and the pictures dont do it justice....BTW did that other purple firefish make it?
Justin
any years ahead = many mistakes to be made.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

My Tank Update
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 08:39:33 pm »
Justin everything is doing great and getting better.  I was mistaken in thinking it wasn't going to make it.  These fish are hardy and I would recommend to anyone to buy more from you.  Thanks for asking and for the compliments too.

Offline i1justin

• Goby

My Tank Update
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 08:43:48 pm »
i love those firefish, so much color and such an unusual fish, ive had a few jump ship on me though  :shock:  and it is a great tank. gonna have to get your white balance figured out on your camera so the pictures can adjust for the 20k bulb and give some sharp pics.
Great job Angel
Justin

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

My Tank Update
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 08:48:45 pm »
Quote from: "i1justin"
gonna have to get your white balance figured out on your camera so the pictures can adjust for the 20k bulb and give some sharp pics.Justin

White balance?  What's that? :D

Yeah the camera I have I don't think I know how to do that.  I will have to break out the book.  Or consult the master photographer Ed and see if he can guide me to the path of balance!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/

can adjust for the 20k bulb
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 06:10:49 am »
Angel I have had the same problem in the past i finnally would put my finger over the flash bar to partly cover it and some would come out real nice at times :D  I really like the shots of you new tank they look very nice thanks for sharing...Jeff

Quote from: "angelscrx"
gonna have to get your white balance figured out on your camera so the pictures can adjust for the 20k bulb and give some sharp pics.Justin

Yeah the camera I have I don't think I know how to do that.  I will have to break out the book.  Or consult the master photographer Ed and see if he can guide me to the path of balance!
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn

Re: can adjust for the 20k bulb
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 08:58:18 am »
Quote from: "The Apprentice"
Angel I have had the same problem in the past i finnally would put my finger over the flash bar to partly cover it and some would come out real nice at times :D  I really like the shots of you new tank they look very nice thanks for sharing...Jeff

Quote from: "angelscrx"

Hey guys,
I have a Magazine at home that give you hints on taking pictures.  I am terrrible at it.   Mike Obrien has a ton of experience in Photography.     I took two  years of it in High School with a 35 mm.    I know nothing compared to Mike.    Justin you have the same camera as me don't you?
Dylan or Llarian on Reef Frontiers has a lot of experience.   He set my settings on my camera once for me in Seattle.    My son plays with my camera when we are at soccer, kind of a hey keep busy and stay out of trouble tool.   So my camera is messed up again...I do have the book readily if you need it.    I do know that you can use a white piece of PVC inside the water to set white ballance.    Ok, I have a magazine with tips someone can borrow, I also have book for Fuji camera if you need them.
Ed :D
come over and see..:)

Offline i1justin

• Goby

My Tank Update
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 01:14:44 pm »
yeah its not too hard to set it on some cameras, like ED said just take a pvc piece or white plastic lid and have your camera set it that way, but if you have just a basic point and shoot digital you may not even have those options. Its a great tank and if you want more pictures let me know and maybe i or another member can take some snaps of it.
Justin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up