Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club

September 23, 2017, 07:17:42 am
News: Contact Nacheetah if you are in the club and would like to host a meeting.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Fish From Justin  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Zulreef

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Damselfish

New Fish From Justin
« on: October 21, 2005, 03:48:05 pm »
Hi All,

I am little worried about trigger bluejaw it isn't eating 3 days. He is very hidding and shy. I fed it brine shrimp, seaweed, dry ocean plankton and live plankton. How do I get it to eat?

Zul
Hi, my name is Zul :-)
156 Gal. Custom Acrylic Tank w/ 40 Gal. Sump by Les
<"))))><><((((">  <"))))><><(((("> <"))))><><((((">

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

New Fish From Justin
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 04:47:38 pm »
Check it over real good and see if you see any signs of illness.  It may be that way until it gets used to the tank or it may go south on you.  I wouldn't take it out if it doesn't look sick you may stress it out more than it already is.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/

Blue Jaw Triggers:Will typically hide when first introduced
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 05:49:38 pm »
Hey Zul i found this at a popular fish web site see what they say about introducing newbie to the tank:

General Notes: The Xanthichthys auromarginatus or Blue Jaw Triggerfish is one of the more reef friendly triggers. Though it will not mess with corals it may act aggressively to other fish as it becomes bolder with age. Will typically hide when first introduced. This species can be kept in small groups of one male with one or more females. It can make a clicking and grunting sound and may spit water. Will eat ornamental shrimp.

Quote from: "Zulreef"
Hi All,

I am little worried about trigger bluejaw it isn't eating 3 days. He is very hidding and shy. I fed it brine shrimp, seaweed, dry ocean plankton and live plankton. How do I get it to eat?

Zul
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Zulreef

• Damselfish

New Fish From Justin
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 06:27:08 pm »
Quote from: "angelscrx"
Check it over real good and see if you see any signs of illness.  It may be that way until it gets used to the tank or it may go south on you.  I wouldn't take it out if it doesn't look sick you may stress it out more than it already is.

Angel,

No, it is not sick, it hides in the rocks till the lights or out them comes out.

Zul

Offline Zulreef

• Damselfish

Re: Blue Jaw Triggers:Will typically hide when first introdu
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 06:29:11 pm »
Quote from: "The Apprentice"
Hey Zul i found this at a popular fish web site see what they say about introducing newbie to the tank:

General Notes: The Xanthichthys auromarginatus or Blue Jaw Triggerfish is one of the more reef friendly triggers. Though it will not mess with corals it may act aggressively to other fish as it becomes bolder with age. Will typically hide when first introduced. This species can be kept in small groups of one male with one or more females. It can make a clicking and grunting sound and may spit water. Will eat ornamental shrimp.

Hi All,

Zul

Hi again,

Yes, I have a male bluejaw trigger, but no female because they were out of females.

Zul

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

New Fish From Justin
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 04:23:14 pm »
If it is coming out at night then I would't worry too much.  As he gets more comfortable in the tank and finds that there are no predators in the tank he may start coming out during the day.  Happens with a lot of fish.  Remember the last predator they saw was the one that put them in a net!
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang

the last predator they saw was the one that put them in anet
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 05:50:24 pm »
Good Point Angel! Zul have you been able to get it to come out and eat yet? I know you started this yesterday just hoping this little guy would start getting hungry>

Quote from: "angelscrx"
If it is coming out at night then I would't worry too much.  As he gets more comfortable in the tank and finds that there are no predators in the tank he may start coming out during the day.  Happens with a lot of fish.  Remember the last predator they saw was the one that put them in a net!

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn

New Fish From Justin
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 04:41:43 pm »
Zul,
    Here is what I know about Blue Jaw triggers.   They are herbevores and often eat algae.    I am wondering if you could intice your Blue Jaw with Cyclopeez or Spectrum?
Ed :?:
come over and see..:)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

New Fish From Justin
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 07:22:48 pm »
All of my fish are doing well.  The fins on the firefishes are a little tore up but that will heal in time.  They are very active and the engineer is teamed up with my other one and having a blast burrowing.  I am very happy with them all.

Offline Zulreef

• Damselfish

New Fish From Justin
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 07:49:52 pm »
:oops:  My new bluejaw trigger is scared of the 2 large tang and will not eat unless I feed it by hand. :wink:  :wink:

Zul

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang

Feed it by hand
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 08:19:00 pm »
Great New Zul :D  He should now just get bigger & Bigger 8)

:oops:  My new bluejaw trigger is scared of the 2 large tang and will not eat unless I feed it by hand. :wink:  :wink:

Zul

Angel: Glad to hear yours a doing good as well :D

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger

New Fish From Justin
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 09:54:59 pm »
Thanks Jeff.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn

New Fish From Justin
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 06:27:03 am »
Wow, He is eating by hand.   That is fantastic.    :D
come over and see..:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up