Author Topic: Need your brains  (Read 3777 times)

Yellotang

Need your brains
« on: December 09, 2004, 10:23:10 AM »
I am in need of a way to make up 100 gallons of water at one time. That is no wider then 22 inches and no longer then 48 inches. It needs to be light weight so that it can be moved with minimal effert.

I want to avoid using multiple containers, in example two 50 gallon garbage cans.
Any ideas????

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Need your brains
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 06:36:20 PM »
Why so much water at once?  Can you run your RO/DI unit right to your tank and then make as much water as you need?  I have never seen a 100g drum just 50g drums.  The  most I think you will be able to get is the trashcan as you mentioned that I can think of.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Yellotang

Need your brains
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 08:36:02 PM »
For water changes.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Need your brains
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 09:42:50 PM »
Hmmm sound like you need to build an acrylic tank on wheels!
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Yellotang

Need your brains
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »
or a nice tall rubber maid container.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Need your brains
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 11:36:14 AM »
possibly stack two 55 plastic barrels and hook them with PVC.   I have seen this before.   IamJosh has this in Spokane..  I need to show you a picture of it Matt.   The only problem is ...I can not send it in Raw format.
Ed :(
come over and see..:)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Need your brains
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 03:22:54 PM »
Home Depot has 65g roll away trashcans.  That's bigger than 50g but not as big as the 100g you are looking for.  But it's an option.

Yellotang

Need your brains
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 05:29:55 PM »
Hmmmm. I will have to keep that in mind. Maybe they have something else. Or maybe I could make a frame and use thick pond liner for one.

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Re: Need your brains
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 06:28:56 AM »
Hi Matt I wish you luck in this endevor I want also add If you need Demin water and you figgure out a container My rodi unit delivers 250 gallons a Miniute you just have to go to Boardman Or to get it...Jeff
P.s. I move my water with 7 gallon camper jugs from wal-mart

Quote from: "Yellotang"
I am in need of a way to make up 100 gallons of water at one time. That is no wider then 22 inches and no longer then 48 inches. It needs to be light weight so that it can be moved with minimal effert.

I want to avoid using multiple containers, in example two 50 gallon garbage cans.
Any ideas????
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Yellotang

Need your brains
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 07:35:48 AM »
thanx for the offer.

You were not at the meeting last night? Where were you?

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Prior Xmas part plans
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 06:40:51 AM »
Sorry Matt I really wanted to come and meet all the new members and catch up with every one elese Just had to go to my company xmas party i had already signed up before... :oops:
But on another note i am in the process of finnally setting up my 75  :D

Quote from: "Yellotang"
thanx for the offer.

You were not at the meeting last night? Where were you?
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Yellotang

Need your brains
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 09:05:53 AM »
Way Cool. :D

Yellotang

Need your brains
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 07:13:03 AM »
Quote from: "Ed"
possibly stack two 55 plastic barrels and hook them with PVC.   I have seen this before.   IamJosh has this in Spokane..  I need to show you a picture of it Matt.   The only problem is ...I can not send it in Raw format.
Ed :(

Hey Ed, what are the chances you can score me a couple of those plastic 55 drums from work. I will pay for them.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Need your brains
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 12:43:24 PM »
I will keep my eye open.   They were free.   There was a place in the nickel that sold these also.   I will definitely keep my eyes open for ya Buddy!
Ed :)
come over and see..:)