Author Topic: LOOKING FOR A COUPLE THINGS...  (Read 4202 times)

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
LOOKING FOR A COUPLE THINGS...
« on: December 08, 2004, 08:30:16 AM »
Hi there. I am looking for a powerhead and a protein skimmer that hangs on the back of tank if anyone out there has one they would like to sell.
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 09:14:22 AM »
I may have a powerhead or two.   I have two Maxi jets.   I am not sure of what size.  I will have to look.   You will need to see if they work.  Rick H. left some for me to sell for $10 a piece.   If they do not work, bring them back to me.  I will refund your money and give them back to Rick.  
I hope this helps,
Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Offline Zulreef

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Damselfish
Re: LOOKING FOR A COUPLE THINGS...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 12:02:44 PM »
Quote from: "luvnsalt"
Hi there. I am looking for a powerhead and a protein skimmer that hangs on the back of tank if anyone out there has one they would like to sell.

Welcome to Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club! :)

Zul
Hi, my name is Zul :-)
156 Gal. Custom Acrylic Tank w/ 40 Gal. Sump by Les
<"))))><><((((">  <"))))><><(((("> <"))))><><((((">

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 12:22:40 PM »
Hey, sorry, Welcome  :D and hope to see you next Friday..
come over and see..:)

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 01:10:22 PM »
How about a sea clone without power head?
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 01:57:26 PM »
What size of tank is it for? I have a 75 gal. If I get a powerhead for it what size would I need? I did just get 2 smaller powerheads from Angelscrx today!!!  :lol: How much are you asking? Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have my husband's Christmas party on the 10ty, but I will make next months meeting for sure so I can come put a face with all your names.
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Les

• Damselfish
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 08:37:59 PM »
Join the club and you can have it. Seems to me that they are good for about 60-75 gallons. The pump you need is a MaxiJet 600 with an air injector that comes with it.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 07:58:25 AM »
Les,
Thanks. I did join the club. But, is there a membership fee or something? I will definately be at the meeting in January.
Don't get rid of it yet!!!! please.

Offline Les

• Damselfish
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 09:25:42 AM »
Yes, there is a fee. Talk to Lucy aka Barbie at the next meeting. Hopefully you can attend the meeting this Fri at 7 PM. If not, then the next one.

Les

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 10:40:27 AM »
Tomorrow is my husband's Christmas party, so I am unable to go this month. But, I will go next month. Thanks and I will talk to her at the meeting next month.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 06:29:56 PM »
Hey luvnsalt Welcome to our little piece of the ocean.  Shame you can't make the meeting this Friday sounds like it is going to be fun.  The folks in this club are friendly and helpful.  The cost to join the club is so affordable you'll want a lifetime membership. :D

Let us know if you need any help with your new set up?  Hopefully we will see you at the meeting in January?  Take care
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 07:42:52 AM »
Thanks Angelcrx. My friend BShane got that powerhead working. I do have a question for you all.....how should I set my powerheads in my tank. I have a 75 gallon. I am assuming that the sweeper should go in the middle of the tank? But, what about the other two? Both facing the same direction or opposite directions? One high and one low in the tank? So will somebody be soooo bold out there and tell me just how much this membership fee is????? Thanks and have a great time tonight!!! :lol:

Offline Lucy

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
I'll be bold
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 07:55:05 AM »
Hey there,

I guess as the official treasurer of the club, I should be the one to answer.   :D

The member ship fee is $10.00 per year.  We collect the membership fee each January (unless you join mid year, then we prorate . . . I think that's what we decided to do last month  :wink: ).  If you join us at January's meeting, you'll be right on schedule.  

I'm sorry we won't see you at this months meeting, but look forward to meeting you in January!

Barbie
Barbie

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 10:03:18 AM »
Thanks Barbie! I think I can handle $10 bucks. :lol:  I look forward to meeting you all.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 03:26:49 PM »
I would put them in the back corners facing towards the middle front glass so you can get some alternating current going.  The rotating powerhead should help with that too.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!