Author Topic: going to Seattle this weekend  (Read 2146 times)

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
going to Seattle this weekend
« on: August 24, 2004, 09:56:26 PM »
I'm going to be in Seattle/Tacoma/Bremerton this weekend and I'm picking up a few saltwater item while I'm there.

I'm also stopping by for one of these:
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3635

If anyone needs anything brought back while I'm at it, let me know.

Also, anyone have any extra powerheads, or know where I should go to purchase a couple at a decent price?  I'm a bit short on circulation after losing a couple.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 06:53:31 AM »
Hello Paul,
     I will have a few Rios after I get my new tank set up.   I think one is a 1100 and other a 1400.    That is a nice Cap.  you posted.   The price is very inviting too.    I recieved a small frag of that same coral from a Spokane Meeting for free.    I only hope mine looks that good in the future.   I wanted to let you know that PSAS has a Barbeque and a raffle on Saturday also.    They are raffling off a skimmer and a calcium reactor.    Rod and I have been talking about this.    I think the Barbeque starts at 1pm Saturday.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3733

sounds like fun..
Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 08:02:08 AM »
It would have been nice to have been able to go to the meeting, but I'm busy during the day on the other side of the Sound and won't be able to get over there until the evening.

So close, and yet...  :(
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 11:33:25 PM »
I rearranged my schedule and caught the meeting after all.  Met a few new people, saw a few familiar faces, brought back a few new inhabitants for my tank (separately arranged in advance).  I'm kicking around going back for the frag swap next month.  I'm going to need to upgrade my lights, replace my dead powerheads, and get some more live rock if I keep adding to my tanks like this!

Also saw Angel's tank yesterday.  Besides his fish he's got a lot of softies and more than a few small sps frags well mounted in his tank.  I think he's a better aquascaper than I, though  :D