Author Topic: Back again!  (Read 7793 times)

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
Re: Back again!
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »
yeah now they have trace elements and foods and fatty acids and amino acids. I buy everything exept the calcium and alkalinity because the bulk reef supply cal and alk is only 11 bucks and it makes a gallon of cal and alk
135 gallon 6 foot reef tank packed with some amazing fish and coral and a red sea max 250 in the works and a little 30 gallon clam tank just for the heck of it.

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2015, 04:23:39 PM »
135 gallon 6 foot reef tank packed with some amazing fish and coral and a red sea max 250 in the works and a little 30 gallon clam tank just for the heck of it.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2015, 04:37:07 PM »
I'm really interested to see what kind of results you get or are you already using them!  On another note, I think I'll be placing my coral in the tank next week.  I was going to do it this week, but with Thanksgiving coming up, I won't really have time. I'm going to take the frags off of the plugs and glue them to the rock in my tank, so I'm a little nervous about that.  The guy at the fish store gave me some tips and I've been watching videos.  Hopefully, I won't destroy anything.  I have a large rock with a colony of Devils Armor Zoa's on it, I think that I'm just going to place the whole thing in the tank.  I should have some frags to share one of these days!

I'll check those out!
~Rene'~
Current Equipment: 75g DT, Modified 40g breeder sump/refugium

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2015, 05:52:53 PM »
haha well I hope your corals do well and ive been using the red sea coral colors and reef energy and brs cal alk mix for months and loved it but ive been using salinity salt and phyotoplankton but I think the red sea salt is very nice and I would strongly advise that you should buy the red sea no3 and no4 reducer because it reduces nitrates and phosphates also makes your water crystal clear and gives your coral better coloration because I have a red planet sps that was just red but when I used the reducer it made it vibrant red and green and pink tips so that's what I do.

Offline reefjosh

• Goby

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »
I'll have to get some of that and keep it on hand!  Right now my Nitrates & Phosphates are at 0.  Thank you for the link and the info!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2015, 06:41:23 PM »
cool

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2015, 06:43:15 PM »
what type of bulb are you using on your refugium

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2015, 06:51:51 PM »
I'm using a 6500K LED.  I used a 6500K CFL before, but couldn't find one, my Chaeto grew like crazy, it seems to be doing just as well with the LED!
~Rene'~

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2015, 02:16:47 PM »
Hi Jacob! I have something to share with you. You offered to share some LPS with me and I was hoping that I would eventually have something to share with you. Would you be interested in a frag from the Cespitularia that I got from Todd. I have a group of 3 and it looks like another one is starting to grow. Let me know!  Also I'm getting ready to harvest the Chaeto in my sump, can you use any?
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »
yeah sure I have a nano reef that could use some a frag of that and sure cheto would be cool and since I put the bulb on its growing pretty good now and even growing since im use red seano4 and no3 reducer which is carbon dosing which macro algae shouldn't grow at all but it is!!!

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »
Good, I'm glad you have a spot for one. I'll let you know when I'm going to be in town and I'll bring it and a bag of Chaeto.  So, can I just cut it with scissors like xenia, I watched a video on that. How long should it heal before I try and bring it to you?  Did you find a 6500k bulb then?  I get great growth with mine. It's funny, you're having to reduce your NO3 and I'm having to dose to raise mine.  Hopefully as I get more fish I will be able to stop dosing for it.
~Rene'~

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2015, 03:21:06 PM »
Hi Jacob. Todd and I are going to get some baby bristle stars from a guy on R2R. Would you be interested in getting some? Here's the cost 10-20 25 cents each

30-50 20 cents each  50+ 15 cents each and shipping will be 41$ overnight to my place. I've already asked for 40, but I might be able to get more if you want some too!

I was just told that the shipping had gone up $5 & $10 respectively, so we might wait until after Christmas to see if it goes back down.  I will let you know!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:30:47 PM by drstratton »
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2015, 11:01:12 PM »
ill take as many as you'll give me and the xeina is like a weed so I just use scissors or just my hands.

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2015, 11:03:46 PM »
I just bought a awesome 5 inch blue tort acropora for a 100 bucks and a 2 in bonzi from oceans by design and their awesome and I bought a gonipora from barrier