Author Topic: Back again!  (Read 7792 times)

Offline drstratton

• Goby
Re: Back again!
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 11:58:18 AM »
Yeah, just a bit more expensive than Bayer. 
~Rene'~
Current Equipment: 75g DT, Modified 40g breeder sump/refugium

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »
yeah
135 gallon 6 foot reef tank packed with some amazing fish and coral and a red sea max 250 in the works and a little 30 gallon clam tank just for the heck of it.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2015, 11:20:07 AM »
Well, we had a great time in Seattle.  I came back with 5 Zoa's, 3 paly's, 1 Clove polyp, 1 GSP(my husband wanted this, it's going on the glass) and 1 Sympodium.  I dipped everything in the Coral Rx Pro and a bunch of stuff died off, but there is some kind of slug that survived, I think it might be some kind of Nudi, I'm waiting for an ID.  My clove poly is infested with them, there are also some kind of egg casings, I assume they are from the slug.  I've picked off at least 6 slugs and 10 egg casings.  I decided to place everything into a QT just so I could check everything out better.  I'm sure glad that I did!

~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2015, 08:14:14 PM »
the first one is probably a slug
135 gallon 6 foot reef tank packed with some amazing fish and coral and a red sea max 250 in the works and a little 30 gallon clam tank just for the heck of it.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2015, 08:45:28 PM »
I just got an ID from someone on RC, they think it's an Arminid Nudibranch, clove polyp eating.  I've been manually removing them and the egg casings.  I'm going to do a freshwater dip tomorrow to try and get rid of any babies!  I don't want these in my tank!!!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2015, 09:55:25 AM »
what you do is get some bayer and let it sit for 15 minutes then use a turkey baster and blow the crap out of the coral and make sure u get every inch of the coral.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 10:32:53 AM »
I'll be in town tomorrow and Bayer is on my list.  I'm thinking about cutting it apart as I keep finding egg casings!  I'm just not sure how to do it, can I just pick a spot between the cloves and cut? It doesn't have much rock on the bottom of it.  I don't want to kill it!  I did a freshwater dip yesterday morning and then after the lights when out I saw another Nudibranch and removed it! These are tough little suckers, I'm about ready to Nuke it!!!  I couldn't believe all of the junk that come off of it when I used the turkey baster in the FW dip.

~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
idk if it wasn't to expensive I wouldn't put it in your display at all I would just keep it in quarrintine for awhile and keep dipping and bastering it until you don't see any bugs.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 10:43:28 AM »
That's the plan, I'm not putting it in there until I'm confident that they are completely eradicated! I just thought that separating it at the places where the polyps are so tight together would allow me to be more successful in killing them all off!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2015, 04:04:10 PM »
if you have the money I would recommend you using the Zeovit system because it has some awesome coloration and health of corals but it comes at a cost.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »
if you have the money I would recommend you using the Zeovit system because it has some awesome coloration and health of corals but it comes at a cost.
I'll have to look that up, I'm not familiar with it!  If I had the money, I'd have a better tank! :)   It's seriously scratched up! 
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2015, 09:54:35 PM »
yeah this hobby isn't cheap.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2015, 08:31:49 AM »
That's for sure! 

So are you thinking about using Zeovit?  I probably won't at this time as I'm trying to acquire some new equipment for my setup and I'm hoping to get a new tank somewhere down the road!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2015, 02:45:50 PM »
Im just going to use the red sea sea coral program

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2015, 04:07:24 PM »
So, are there just different red sea products that you add.  I didn't really know that there were coral programs available.  I thought it was just parameters and good lighting.  Learn something new every day!
~Rene'~