Author Topic: Back again!  (Read 7843 times)

Offline drstratton

• Goby
Back again!
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:50:48 AM »
Hi everyone!  I was a part of this forum about 4 years ago and then my tank crashed and I didn't have the heart to get it going again until just recently. I have a 75g with a 40g breeder sump/refugium.  My tank just finished cycling and I have my first fish in QT.  I was going to go FOWLR, but I just recently won a Neptune DOS & DDR, so looks like I'm going to step up my game and get some corals sooner than I planned.  I need to get and Apex controller and I will be ready to go! I'm hoping to connect with some local reefers.  Is the club still having meetings?  If so, I would love to join in!

~Rene'~
~Rene'~
Current Equipment: 75g DT, Modified 40g breeder sump/refugium

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
Re: Back again!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:14:38 AM »
I've been trying to get some to have a meeting but I can give you some frags of sps and lps but im sure theirs other people like scott and ed that have a lot of amazing pieces. ;)
135 gallon 6 foot reef tank packed with some amazing fish and coral and a red sea max 250 in the works and a little 30 gallon clam tank just for the heck of it.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 12:02:27 PM »
I've been trying to get some to have a meeting but I can give you some frags of sps and lps but im sure theirs other people like scott and ed that have a lot of amazing pieces. ;)
Thank you, that would be so nice! I don't have anything to share yet, but hopefully I will in time. Do you know if there are very many people still in the club, I would love to join? Do you have pictures of your tank? I would love to see it? I'm going to start a thread and post what I have so far!  Which is not much!!!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 03:20:52 PM »
Here
135 gallon 6 foot reef tank packed with some amazing fish and coral and a red sea max 250 in the works and a little 30 gallon clam tank just for the heck of it.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 06:54:54 PM »
Very nice!

Here's a picture of mine!. 

~Rene'~

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 06:58:30 PM »
I have 3 Halloween hermits, a Pom Pom crab, snails, zebra hermits, micro stars, Asterina stars, pods & various worms!  I have two purple Firefish in QT right now.  I should be able to add them to my tank in about 2 weeks!  Kind of bare bones right now!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 07:25:45 PM »
It looks great I like the rock work and what I would do is put some mushrooms and zoas and a rose bubble anemone with some clowns and I would add some purple tech by Kent Marine and that should start your coralline algae. And also if you have a refuguim I would add some chetomorpha and flame macro algae. Then add some phytoplankton to get your copepods going but I Like your system and when its ready in a couple months for lps and sps  I'll frag you some.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 07:47:54 PM »
Thank you and the frags would be awesome!  I have a 40g breeder with about a 12g refugium.  I have Chaeto in there, but no flame macro (not quite sure what that is) and I added phyto when I added my pods. Glad I'm doing things right.  I added some plates with coralline on it, but I think I will also try the purple tech.  Can we get that locally or does it need to be ordered online? Thanks!!!

Here's a picture of my sump.  This was from 4yrs ago, everything looks pretty much the same now except for the rock, It's like the rock in the DT!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:53:57 PM by drstratton »
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 10:16:39 AM »
you can get it at fish guy or petco

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 10:26:30 AM »
Okay thanks!!! Where is fish guy?  The only places I know in town are Petco, PetSmart and Finatics! Never mind, I found him on Facebook!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:42:38 PM by drstratton »
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 03:42:25 PM »
yeah if you have questions hit fishguy up or ill be glad to answer any questions.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 04:23:54 PM »
Sounds good, thank you!  I'm sure I will have some questions.  By the way, I'm assuming your first name is Josh?
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »
Actually that's my brothers name but im Jacob.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 05:21:06 AM »
LOL, I wouldn't have figured that out!  I'm going to Seattle this weekend and I'm going to some SW stores.  I'm hoping to get some Zoa's & mushrooms!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 05:06:11 PM »
go to oceans by design and barrier reef