Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club

September 25, 2017, 02:25:39 am
News: Contact Nacheetah if you are in the club and would like to host a meeting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 55g Pictures  (Read 7546 times)

Offline Daniel

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby

Re: 55g Pictures
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 06:05:17 pm »
Still empty right now, been busy with work and mini me and my better half have been passing a cold around so I haven't even tested my water in a week. I'm in no hurry to get up and running i've made that mistake on my first tank. Hope to get a second to test water tonight and maybe get a couple clowns to put back in for now.

Sol2reef

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 06:14:22 pm »
Ok cool.  I just wanted to c the setup

Offline Daniel

• Goby

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 06:16:09 pm »
I'll try to make a youtube video when i get caught up on things.

Sol2reef

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 06:35:45 pm »
Ok sweet will b waitin

Offline Daniel

• Goby

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 07:21:19 pm »
Sorry for the delay Sol2reef i just had a couple of minutes to take this video. The fuge comes on from 8p-8a and blue 8a-8p white lights from 9a-7p.

55g One month after installed in the house

Sol2reef

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 10:15:12 pm »
Sweet I like it!  So with ur sump design u have 2 returns right? One for skimmer side(left) and the other is fuge side (right) correct?  Also what type of lighting u got? Looks like T5.  Also if ur waiting for ur cycle u can get some high quality bio bacteria to cycle in like 3 days!

Offline Daniel

• Goby

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 05:59:05 am »
Only one return in the center of the sump running a Mag 9.5 those are my 2 inch drains from both corners of the tank. Yes its T5 from my old 29g tank which isn't big enough to grow anything just light everything up. I'm in the process of building a led light fixture once i get the rest of the parts and time to build it. I'm in no hurry on my cycle to finish i've already jumped the gun once with that on my 29g.

Sol2reef

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 08:48:05 am »
Oops that's what I meant 2 DRAINS not returns.  What problem did u have before?

Sol2reef

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 08:54:06 am »
Noticed ur ph and cal is stabalizing! Btw why did u go with a 55?  IMO I think it's a lot better to go deeper than longer. Corals fit more naturally.  Btw u would be surprised what T5 can grow. I had a double T5 over m 90 and I grew sps! I mean not just survive but thrive! Ofcourse the most light demanding and it was pretty high to the top but still it grew! Slow though.

Sol2reef

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 11:46:36 am »
Go to DrTims Aquatics. Com. Dont know the exact URL just go on google and u'll find it.  The site has a couple of video about the product and explains everything.  It looks like a very good product. Check it and tell me what u think!

Offline Daniel

• Goby

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »
Noticed ur ph and cal is stabalizing! Btw why did u go with a 55?  IMO I think it's a lot better to go deeper than longer. Corals fit more naturally.  Btw u would be surprised what T5 can grow. I had a double T5 over m 90 and I grew sps! I mean not just survive but thrive! Of course the most light demanding and it was pretty high to the top but still it grew! Slow though.

Yes they are I did a small water change the other day to help bring the cal up and drop the amo a little. Like you said IMO i like longer tanks than deep ones. I know that the t5s would work if i bought another set to cover the other side of the tank since I have two dead spots in it right now. I've designed my leds around the new tank to get a lot better covering with them than what I could do with two t5 setups. Granted it would be about 100 more than another t5 lamp but in 2 years i've would of broke even in bulb changes.

Offline Daniel

• Goby

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 12:08:12 pm »
Oops that's what I meant 2 DRAINS not returns.  What problem did u have before?

Started to put fish in before I even had an amn spike to start the cycle.

Sol2reef

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 03:03:27 pm »
Oh i c.  What I did was bought an established tank and used its water and added some new.  Instant cycle lol  BTW did u check out DR Tim's instant cycle formula?? 

Offline Daniel

• Goby

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 05:56:59 pm »
I could of used some of my sand and lr from my 29 but i wanted to start off fresh. Yes I did look at it but by the time it gets here it should be done cycling. Hoping to put some fish in next weekend and have the rest of my parts to finish my lights and controller.

Sol2reef

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 09:23:16 pm »
Good deal!  I finally broke the news to my wife about my light purchase.  She took it a lot better than I thought lol. So I went to Home Depot today and bought a 1"x1"x96" in. aluminum square rail to mount my lights. Will put it together tomorrow and post some pics.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up