Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club

September 23, 2017, 07:22:32 am
News: Contact Nacheetah if you are in the club and would like to host a meeting.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We just moved to the Tri cities and need some help!  (Read 2123 times)

Offline jrhasty

• Goby

We just moved to the Tri cities and need some help!
« on: January 02, 2011, 11:58:29 am »
Well we just moved here in July we are living in our fifth wheel so we had to leave all our tanks and equipment at my in laws house in longview WA.  Well we think we want to setup a little 25 gal tank in our fifth wheel.  But our problem is finding a shop close to the tri cities!!  We are use to going to portland when we needed to but well that's a long drive from here!!  So can anyone help us fined a good shop?!?!?!

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener

Re: We just moved to the Tri cities and need some help!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 03:21:00 am »
Not much in the way of good shops here unfortunately.  Jim runs a business selling livestock, though.  Between the members you can source an amazing amount of hard goods.  We do a lot of group or bulk buys for supplies.

What are you looking for?
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline jrhasty

• Goby

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 01:55:22 pm »
Well i am seting up a 25 gal tank for in our fifth wheel and i need to get salt, sand and additives.  I here the watter is realy bad here so i guess some advice on what people do with their tanks here. 

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:15:14 pm »
You could use a good RO/DI unit.  If water does not do very well out of unit you cound grape vine more filters onto it. 

There are a few local options for Salt and sand.    I  hope you know to use pure aragonite sand.   There is Aqua Tropics, Petco in Kennewick and Richland, Petsmart in Kennewick.   

If you want to mail order Fosters and Smith  has a pretty good deal on salt if you can hit the shipping specials. 

good luck,
Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Offline jrhasty

• Goby

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:29:46 pm »
I have stoped by those shops but did not know if there were any saltwater shops.  By the way this is James you gave me that 150 gal tank i think last year.  I dont know if you rember me or not ed..  I want to get a rodi unit would any shop aroung here have one or do i need to buy that off line??

Offline MartyK

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 09:39:43 am »
I bought my RODI unit off of eBay about a year ago. It was a good price, seems to work fine, and I haven't had any problems with it. It's probably a better option to order one than to find one locally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up