Author Topic: CraigsList  (Read 2123 times)

Offline BeauC

• Goby
CraigsList
« on: October 31, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »
 ;D Just got a 44 gallon corner tank off craigs list at a price that could not be beat.  Tank, stand, lid and a lot of misc. stuff.  Hoping to transfer everything from the 29 gallon over after I plumb it up. The price was FREE !!!!!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Re: CraigsList
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 06:40:15 PM »
good call Beau!!! :) :) :)

Let me know if you need anything I have laying around!
Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Offline Mr Alvarez

• Goby
  • New Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »
nice i would be very happy and Im exited for you. post some pictures! and would you sell your 29? i was thinking of starting one for my son.

Offline BeauC

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:16:50 PM »
Thanks Guys.  Mr. A, I wouldn't sell it to you because I won it in the club raffle but if you want it after i finish building the 44gal you are more than welcome.  It always feels better to pay it forward.

Ed, I'm always up for input on how to set stuff up.  If you have anything that I could use it would be much appreciated.  I think I want to build a Different stand, drill some holes for over flow and use a 10 or fifteen gallon for a sump.  As for lighting I'm thinking 250 watt MH with a 14k.  Most likely use a mag 9 or something for a return pump. Not to sure on that yet. It's a nice tank just don't think the stand will do for holding a sump.  Its a press wood laminate that has a small door that barely fits a canister filter in it.  Thanks guys again I'll keep updates going   

Offline Mr Alvarez

• Goby
  • New Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »
yeah that would be good. and i have a pump that was used for a 45gal bowefront tank as a return pump that was given to me. i tried using it in a 24g nanocube but was to much. i gave the nano to my boss, then my son wanted  a tank for his room. so i was wondering if it could be turned into a fresh water? because he wants to take the challenge in taking care of it. if not it should go to a person who wants a saltwater tank thanks BeauC.

Offline BeauC

• Goby
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
It would make a great fresh tank. No drilled holes no leaks just hang over back filters.