Author Topic: Lessons learned...Prevented Measures  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Lessons learned...Prevented Measures
« on: May 04, 2004, 09:58:54 AM »
I highly recommend anyone that gets new corals have Flat Worm Exit.   Usually when people get new corals they acclimate them slowly.   They add water to a bucket that the coral is in to bring the coral slowly to the parimeters of your tank.  If you do not do this there is a chance your coral will be shocked.   Why not take a extra five minutes and add Flat worm exit to your program?   Its a  20 dollars insurance policy that I highly recommend.   FWE is dosed 1 drop per gallon.   If you have adjusted coral to your Tank Parimeters in a outside container, add FWE as recommended in that same container,  after 5 minutes put coral in your tank.    Do not put the water you acclimated coral  in  into  your tank(Bucket water),   Just the coral.   I wish you all luck and healthy Saltwater corals

Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Yellotang

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 11:21:11 AM »
That be Lesson #1

Lesson #2 is

Don't turn on your R/O unit and walk away from it. Trust me, you can forget it is running and go to work like I did.  :oops:

Thank God for an understanding and patient wife! :D

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 12:53:34 PM »
whoa...are you ok?....I have a carpet extractor at my house.   If you need it call me?   The good thing is...You are going to do SPS again.    I love it..
thanks
Ed
come over and see..:)

Yellotang

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 04:00:11 PM »
Ordered my new pump for the secondary RO unit. It will be interesting to see what happens now. My water has gone from 425TDS -> 25TDS and now with the second RO unit running in series I get -> 4-6TDS. I will check it again after the secondary pressure pump is installed.

on the average there will be 4-6 gallons of waste for every good gallon of water. Ouch!  :?