Author Topic: a big thank you!  (Read 2319 times)

sweet pea

a big thank you!
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:07:42 PM »
i just wanted to post a "public" thank you to nate and colleen for coming over and aquascaping for me!! our tank looks beautiful, and i learned so much from both of you!!! you both really went above and beyond, and i truly truly appreciate it :) i look forward to getting to know all of you better, thanks again!  oh! and thank you to fogish too, for loaning us the book and for coming over and teaching me some useful info :)

-Kelsi

P.S. Ron loves the tank too! :)

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Re: a big thank you!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »
Glad things were a hit!  We will be curious to hear if you see more of your Rabbitfish now that he can hide in caves and feel secure, but still be exposed to the front glass. 

Hope the water has cleared, and now that things aren't so stirred up, the Nitrates are back down to 0.  If not, do a water change and check levels again after a day or two.  Also, if they are still elevated, remind Ron to do a check on the make-up water.  My guess is the Nitrates could be coming in from using tap water.  It'd be interesting to know if the level in the freshly made up water (let it sit a day before testing - and always at least a day before adding to the tank so that it has time to stabilize - when salt is first dissolved it has a very wrong pH for going into the tank) is basically the same as the level measured in the tank.  If so, water changes aren't going to help much until you can get RO/DI water.  If things start to get worse, let us know and you can come take a few gallons from our reservoir.  Try to let me know a day ahead so I can be sure to have it filled to the brim.

Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions.  Also, tell Ron that if he wants to talk equipment at any time to just get in touch.  I would be happy to come back over and talk about how you can get the most out of the set-up you currently have (and of course ideas on how to make it even better if you decide to upgrade things for coral or clams and such down the road).