Author Topic: I am not showing up as a member on the forum.  (Read 3064 times)

Offline ReefJunkie

• Goby
I am not showing up as a member on the forum.
« on: July 02, 2009, 09:50:08 AM »
As mentioned above.  Also when I click on someone to PM them I get an error saying I cannot view anyone's profile.  Who to contact to fix this, please??????????????  Thanks.
~ Richard
Just when you think you got your head screwed on straight. . . Your butt falls off. :confused:

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
Re: I am not showing up as a member on the forum.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 06:07:21 PM »
If you are able to send messages under your name, you are a member of the forum.  If you are a member of the club, as well, who is current in paying your dues, then I am the one at fault for not updating your profile on the site.  Let me know and I'll verify with the Treasurer and update it here.

I don't think we allow everyone to view member profiles on this site.  I'm not sure why, though, just that it was that way before I took it over.  Does anyone else know of any reason we shouldn't open this up?

You can PM people, though, by click on the little speech balloon icon below their avatar.  Alternatively, you can go to your messages (MY MESSAGES in the top navigation bar), and start a new message from there, typing in the nick of the person you want to PM.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.