Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club

September 20, 2017, 06:11:24 pm
News: Contact Nacheetah if you are in the club and would like to host a meeting.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lots of new members joining the forums...  (Read 5445 times)

Offline reefbegood

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby

Re: Lots of new members joining the forums...
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 05:25:50 pm »
going to turn the back of my SUV into a reef, if only i had a sun roof LOL
135g LPS 135g SPS  2 125g and 90 sps lps frag system 55 rose garden and  clown fish grow out pin and few others!
Love helping and teaching all! 25 years in saltwater.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 08:07:24 pm »
going to turn the back of my SUV into a reef, if only i had a sun roof LOL

We can hook you up...he he
come over and see..:)

Offline tropicalqualities

• Goby
    • Tropical Qualities

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 01:21:57 am »
OK , now i have been a member for the last two years i think , but i have not ever introduced my self ! Hi my name if Derek and i'm a reefaholic i came from a long line of fish keepers, my family has been in the business from the early eighty's! my aunt owned a LFS in Oregon i can remember when she set up my grandmas first saltwater tank in 86 it had a lion fish and i don't remember what else but it was the typical salt water set up back then -fish only no live rock. On my moms side my uncle raised koe and also raised sea horses for sale , not together lol the sea horse thing never paned out but  his koe business did really well . Then there was my cuisine Mike that had a LFS that he called Amazon Bay and according to Mike long that bought it from him , it was the biggest and most popular saltwater fish store in the tri-cities! But that would not make me a fish guy no no no, it came from my home. My parents raised angels and thought salt water tanks where the devil they breed some angels that no one had seen before but now are all over the market! But i wanted color so i keep african cichlids and south american cichlids and stared breeding them. Then i stared keeping brackish fish becouse they where more exotic i had multiple tanks around the house of both. One day i got board and started doing experiments trying to mix things up , i set up test tanks and and played with thing that people said u could not do and found ways that they could be done! This has alot of how i got to where i am now. Then came the day that a friend of mine gave me his saltwater tank 6 years ago and i was hooked now all my tanks are saltwater ;D I learned from my dad on how to build tanks so I'm constable building tanks it got so bad that 3 years ago my wife said to me that i needed to stop building tanks or go in to business for my self , so i did under the name Tropical Qualities ! After being in Business for so long i had people asking why i was not part of MCSAC i had never heard of this club so i asked Mike Long and he had told me that it did not matter to me for my business , then one day when i was surfing the web i came across the club so i deside to join and i said that i would keep my business separate and enjoy the club as one everyone else!---- Know thats my story and if i can find the time i will make it to some meetings

When on the road to sweet Athy, Hurroo Hurroo When on the road to sweet Athy A stick in the hand, A drop in the eye A doleful damsel I heard cry , Johnny I hardly knew ya

Offline EricsNano

• Goby

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 08:49:33 pm »
Helllooooo, I'm Eric. I used to be a member here, too; I think I was EricW... I think.  8) I took about an 18 month hiatus from reef keeping. I used to have a nice 55 gallon, of which I still have pictures (if anyone cares, haha!). I like them simple, though, so I keep my tanks fairly thin compared to many others as far as stocking goes. I just got the itch again a couple months ago and have set up a pico, a 5.5 gallon. I'm really into softies and a few LPS. I'll post a current FTS soon, as soon as I have the rockwork in the final position. I've got a small lawnmower blenny that my wife has named Diva (she has those eyelashes), but I'm really trying to be patient with this tank, since it's small and I want it to be just right this time. With my 55 last time, I was fairly impatient, and bought a lot of things that were neat, but not exactly what I wanted. This time, it'll be perfect. :) So hi everyone!

Offline tropicalqualities

• Goby
    • Tropical Qualities

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 11:35:18 pm »
welcome back Eric,
                 I do not think there has been anyone outside of Ghandi that has not gotten the impatient bug at one time or every time for some of us .
When on the road to sweet Athy, Hurroo Hurroo When on the road to sweet Athy A stick in the hand, A drop in the eye A doleful damsel I heard cry , Johnny I hardly knew ya
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up