Author Topic: Petland, Pasco Wa  (Read 3746 times)

Offline sscherin

• Goby
Petland, Pasco Wa
« on: February 14, 2009, 10:49:03 PM »
Petland in Pasco on road 68 by TRAC is starting up a saltwater section..

I was in there tonight and was thinking "I don't remember any salt in here last month"

I talked to John and his girlfriend who are doing most of the work on the SW tanks.
They are nice people who have worked in fish stores in the Portland area.

They just set it up in the last week or so..
Half the back wall of the fish room has been turned over to salt, plus one of the display tanks and 2 nanos were setup around the store.
They are also working on setting up QT tanks in back for new stock.

Anyway they are looking for input from local reefers on what we would like to see them stock.
They already have live rock, some healthy looking fish, a few corals and will special order anything you want.
They plan to stock some MH and t-5 lights.
They are stocking buckets of reef crystals and another brand but the name escapes me right now..I just remember it was $38 pr bucket..

One thing they are looking at is offering credit for frags.

I hope this turns out to be a good LFS for the area.. I think they want to do it right.

Who knows, maybe a club discount can be arranged.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:54:56 PM by sscherin »

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Re: Petland, Pasco Wa
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 07:58:17 PM »
We stopped in to check it out last night.  Ended up running into Dakota's Dad (Paul).  His tank is coming around again, and he's hoping to make it to a meeting again sometime soon. 

As for Petland, we met Dan - the owner.  He's asked what we'd like to see there.  He's put up a banner for the club with our website address too.  He's got a nice shop, and is planning to expand his Saltwater offerings in the near future.  He's got good prices on things, we picked up a McCosker Flasher Wrasse for $35, as good or better price (and no shipping) compared to online shops we've looked at them on.  He's got the good San Fran frozen food, and salt (right now on sale for $38/bucket that makes 160 gallon).  We also talked to John - he works there too, and is in the process of building his own 55 gallon salt system.  Dan has a 150 gallon salt tank at home himself, so we are hoping both of these guys, as well as some of the customers will come join us at our meetings!

We took in pictures of our tank along with the club banner.  They have a board that will put up pictures of customers tanks if they bring them in and give them their info.  The banner is mounted rigth below our tank, so let's get some others from the club to get in there with pictures of their tanks to go around the banner too!  Petland is nicer than any other store in town that does salt, they have a dedicated group of staff that work almost exclusively in the tank area, and the tank area is in a separate section of the store from the rest of the animals.  We'll definitely be going back!

We mentioned the conference to them.  It sounded like they would be willing to put up a flyer for us when we get to that point as well.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »
This is great news. I will be checking it out this weekend. I need more salt! Thanks for the info!
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline KELYN

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »
They added another 12 saltwater tanks. I talked to Dan the owner and they are wanting to get more variety. I Have bought a hippo tang and a copperband butterfly and they are both doing great. I am going to go through them to get supplies because they are cheapest and have healthy looking fish.

Offline fogish

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:24:21 AM »
Hey guys, Taylor here. I talked to Dan again and he knows you really want Cyclop-eeze freezerbars, he is still working on it. I personally have one that is open and has only had a tiny bit shaved off if someone needs it let me know. Also let me know the types of frozen food/brands you would like carried. So far we have only carry Sally's/San Francisco. I am trying to get Ocean's Nutrition, especially Prime Reef, Formula One and Formula Two. Any other products let me know as well, and talk to Dan, he is the man with the final word.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 11:37:29 AM »
Thanks Taylor.  I think Sally's and Ocean Nutrition are the two main ones a lot of members in the club have been using.  I know that's what we just placed the group order for not too long ago.  Definitely keep us posted on if/when the Cyclopeese is available. 

Oh BTW - I managed to put your demonstration of how to band up the bags to good use last weekend...did so many I ripped my cuticles to shreds on several fingers, but none of them leaked or lost the oxygen - and most importantly, all the corals made it there and back without issue!  :-)