Author Topic: Lights & Pump  (Read 2667 times)

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
Lights & Pump
« on: January 23, 2008, 07:04:28 AM »
Hey all- I think it is that time....I need to buy some new bulbs- right now I have the 20K halides (really blue). I am leaning towards 10K but would like opinions here. I also need to get some new ballasts for my VHOs (right Rick?) and a bigger air pump for my skimmer. Does anyone have any hidden retailers that have good deals? Let me know. Thanks.- Dashia
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Re: Lights & Pump
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »
 Dashia,
      The 20k  bulbs have a shorter life than 10k on average.   10k bulbs usually last a year.   20 K will last if 8 months on average.

I have a PFO Kit for Lighting two 4ft VHOs.   It has never been used.  It comes with end caps wiring.    You will still need bulbs.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~PF5113.html

I will part with it for 80 bucks.   It was just taken out of box and put into plastic bag.   It was never used.   Let me know if you want it. 
come over and see..:)

Offline Robert M.

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 06:56:02 PM »
I have always bought my bulbs from http://www.hellolights.com/. I usually wait for the sale they have in July, but you can check them out and compare their regular prices. They are currently offering free shipping on MH bulbs.
58 Gallon Oceanic Reef-Ready

Offline Robert M.

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »
I just got an e-mail from HelloLights.com. This Friday they are offering $5.00 off any order of $20.00 or more.

Coupon Code: 5friday
58 Gallon Oceanic Reef-Ready

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 06:34:49 AM »
Thanks Robert. I will take your set up Ed. Thanks. Are you going To Vicki's? If you are just bring them with you and I will get them from you there.
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 06:40:54 AM »
I am planning on going to Vickis.  I  have the kit in Garage.    If you want it today.  That way you can set it up.   I am working until 730pm tonight.   I can try to call my kids after 3pm.   You can pay me for it at Vicki's or etc.  :)
come over and see..:)