Author Topic: Help Needed at Rick & Barbie's place THURSDAY AND FRIDAY!  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Help Needed at Rick & Barbie's place THURSDAY AND FRIDAY!
« on: July 19, 2007, 08:23:28 AM »
OK GANG...Rick, Barbie, Nacho, Terry and I have been busting butt to try to get things ready for the conference.  Rick and I were up working on things Tuesday night until after midnight, Nacho and I were there last night until after 9 (and Nacho has a 45 minute drive home after...way to go Nacho!)  However, there is still TONS that needs to get done.  We can use as much help as we can get...I have to get my tank ready for the tour yet, and will need to do that tonight, so I won't be able to get over to help out until after 7 PM, but I'm still going to be there, probably until 10 or 11. 

Rick and Barbie are off all day tomorrow, and if you can make it, I'm sure they'd love to have some extra hands then too!  If you PM Rick or I, we can get you contact info so you can call and see what needs doing when.

Also, if anyone has an extra IceCap 660 ballast we could use for the weekend...that'd be AWESOME!  I didn't have the spare I thought I did, so we don't have actinics running on the display tank (that currently has 12 incredible looking clams in it...and tomorrow will have coarl colonies as well for the silent auction).  PM me if you have one we could borrow, I'll be sure it gets back to you.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME HELP so we can have a great conference, and not have those of us that are there doing things running ragged right up to the last minute to get it all pulled together.

Thanks - see you there tonight!  Nate

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Re: Help Needed at Rick & Barbie's place THURSDAY AND FRIDAY!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 08:54:46 AM »
I will try to pick up signs from Phil tonight.   Phil or Zul can you call or email me with time I can pick up signs.

I will bring the tent over tonight.   I will also bring over Seachem stuff.
I can help a little tonight.   I have to get ready for this also.   I have had little time for myself.    My tank needs cleaned, water made up, garage needs cleaned.   Its full of my business equipment.  I have two people staying at my house.   Stace is going crazy.   She did not get to do things last night because her and Cindy were doing Tank tour route until late.

I can help the earlier the better on  Friday am  for a couple hours. 
come over and see..:)

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 09:12:56 AM »
Thanks Ed!  You've been busting butt on this too...didn't mean to leave you out.  You have done a GREAT job of getting sponsors on board for this, can't wait to get my raffle tickets and WIN some of that stuff!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 10:21:12 AM »
I have been working OT at work.   You guys have been busting butt.
come over and see..:)

Offline Lucy

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 03:43:16 PM »
Hey all,

Rick and I are home now and are working away, so anyone who wants to join in is welcome.  Oh, and by the way, our fearless leader showed up at our door this morning and is here working as well.  (That would be John Goldenberg, if you didn't know).

Thanks for any help we can get!

Barbie

(and thanks for starting this thread Nate)
Barbie

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 02:23:19 PM »
This is a bunch of CRAP.  3 hrs until we start and we have only a few people helping.  With this kind of support this event will not happen again.  Why should only a few people have to do all the work and and the rest of the club members reap the benefits.  People get over here and help setup.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline Kylem

• Goby
  • new 300 Gal Reef tank
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 05:34:32 PM »
I am on my way!  I will give you a hand during the meeting.
Kyle Maddocks

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 01:24:13 PM »
Sounds like another well planned conference is in the works!  I miss you guys. 
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Lucy

• Goby
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »
We miss you too Angel, but you better believe we won't be having a conference without inviting you. This thread is from last year's conference!

I think we've decided our conference is now semi-annual so be watching those airline fares for next summer just in case.  (That goes for you too John!)
Barbie

Offline Cartman

• Goby
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 07:30:57 PM »
 how much for a weekend trip home from iraq maybe we can split the cost !! ;D
I'm dead sexy !   75 Gallon Nano Tank

Offline gregreefer

• Goby
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 07:46:48 PM »
wait wait was there a coral auction last month and i missed it dang, well is ther frags for sale and trading at the meetings?