Author Topic: Moving  (Read 2877 times)

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
Moving
« on: May 24, 2007, 06:09:47 PM »
If there is anyone out there with some muscles, I would really like to make the stand switch this weekend. I am aiming for Sunday but could do Saturday morning, too. I have the new water made and just need some muscle. I know I am buffed, but not that buffed!!! ;D
I got my stand all painted and scratched up, so I am ready to roll! Thanks again John.
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
Re: Moving
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 08:55:55 PM »
So let me get this straight.  I sanded that thing all smooth so that you could scratch it up? ???  I was hoping to have your canopy done on Sunday, and thought if I do, I could bring that over and help with the move.  How does the stand look anyway :)
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 10:32:56 AM »
Tee hee hee! It is strategically scratched up!!! Only on the sides and corners. That would work for me. I will be home by 10:00am and Mike will be up to help by 11:00am! Bring your drill so we can maybe do the lights in the canopy while you are there! I think it will look awesome when I am done with it all. It is different....so Mike is still warming up to it! :P
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 11:50:30 AM »
Nobody said anything about installation ::)
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 12:57:05 PM »
Yes you did! last week!!! Remember.....the whole halides retro thing? No biggee though if you aren't up to it. I think Rick will be home next week. Maybe I can hit him up. ;D

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 01:45:55 PM »
Oh yeah, that's right must have slipped my mind ::).  I'll see what I can do. ;)

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 03:34:36 PM »
Just an FYI update!!! We finally conned one of our friends into coming over last night to use and abuse his muscles....so the tank is now on it's new home and everything is up and running. The canopy has the base coat on it and hopefully will be ready to get the halides drilled into it by the weekend.  If anyone out there has any brilliant ideas on how to drill them in the "right" way I am sure that Mike would love some imput! Does anyone out there think I should add supplemental actinics? They are 20K 175's dual ballast...I think I said that all correctly! Thanks again John for making my canopy and stand....just so I could scratch it all up :)
Dashia

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Re: I should add supplemental actinics?
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 11:56:13 PM »
Hi Dashia I don't think you would need them with the 20K Haliades you get a very nice blue spectrum I actully added a white bulb to my VHO supplment just because the 20K were so blue good luck...Jeff

Just an FYI update!!! We finally conned one of our friends into coming over last night to use and abuse his muscles....so the tank is now on it's new home and everything is up and running. The canopy has the base coat on it and hopefully will be ready to get the halides drilled into it by the weekend.  If anyone out there has any brilliant ideas on how to drill them in the "right" way I am sure that Mike would love some imput! Does anyone out there think I should add supplemental actinics? They are 20K 175's dual ballast...I think I said that all correctly! Thanks again John for making my canopy and stand....just so I could scratch it all up :)
Dashia
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I have heard that from a couple people now.