Author Topic: Help a college student in a bind...  (Read 1470 times)

Hoobahans

Help a college student in a bind...
« on: May 02, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
I am not very well known around here, so I hope this isn't overreaching my welcome. I am a college student at Whitman in Walla Walla. I have a 30g finnex and a 5.5g aga that I keep in my dorm. I am from St. Paul, MN but will be spending the summer in Seattle. I was planning on moving my tanks to Seattle with me but it turns out that I can't do that due to my living and travel constrictions. It is also the case that I have dumped a huge amount of time and the majority of all my workstudy money into these tanks (a situation I am sure that many of you can relate to). I don't want to loose everything and selling it off would be depressing and I would have a big net loss. So....I am wondering if there is anyone out there with a big tank/frag tank/heart that would take my livestock and maybe live rock for the summer. Now, that is a HUGE request, I know, but I am in a bind. I am an RA here so I have to stay until graduation which is the 20th, and on the 21st I am flying home for a week before taking the train back to Seattle. I am willing to pay/ give coral/ give equipment/ anything in exchange for the care of my coral. I have a wide variety of palys, some zoas, mushrooms, a few lps, three clams, and a lot of sps as well as a maroon clown, peppermint shrimp, cleaner shrimp, and a CUC. I would happily trade all of my livestock other than coral as well as frags of anything and everything that I own as well as all the additives, chemicals, etc. that would be needed for the care in exchange for someone looking after them. I would like to take down the bigger tank and put all the rock and livestock into someone else's tank but the small 5.5 aga has a stand and could easily be moved in one piece to another house. It is drilled and is currently looped with the finnex. It would do be if it was looped with a larger sps tank as it is a sps dominated pico. I have a car and can move anything to where ever it needs to be.

BTW, Glen, a member here, built the stand on the 5.5 and it is gorgeous.

Heres my thread on nano-reef.com:
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108352&hl=hoob

Here's an old pic:

And an old pic of the pico:

These tanks mean the world to me, and I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks everyone.

Oh yeah, my name is Josiah by the way.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
Re: Help a college student in a bind...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 11:18:35 AM »
Josiah-
Welcome. Wow, you are in a bind! I could probably take the NANO to my office at work and set it up. There are 2 of us that do saltwater in my office and I am sure we could do it justice. The other is somewhat of a problem for me. I don't have the lighting set up in my new canopy yet, but will have soon. So, if the timeline falls into place, I could take some of your things as well in my tank at home. I really don't have alot so it should be OK.
Good luck in your moves!
I can take the mushrooms, Zoos, and shrimp for sure now...if that helps.

PM me if you are interested.
Dashia
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 11:21:21 AM by luvnsalt »
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!