Author Topic: April Meeting  (Read 6420 times)

Offline Robert M.

• Goby
Re: April Meeting
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 07:20:01 PM »
My name is Robert.  I started my current 58 gallon reef tank about 9 months ago. My first tank was about 20 years previous to this one when I was pretty young. That tank started as a reef but due to limited funds became a fish only tank. I had the tank for about 5 years and since then I have wanted to start a new one that is the reef that I first envisioned.

I look forward to meeting fellow reefers in the Tri-Cities.
58 Gallon Oceanic Reef-Ready

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 07:53:35 PM »
Robert, welcome to the club, so to speak.  If you want to get that reef up and going, you certainly found the right place.  We look forward to meeting you at the next meeting, and if you would PM me your email address, I will add you to the list of members that I email about upcoming events.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. 
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

boostergold

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 04:44:54 PM »
My name is Tom and I am new to the forum too, and just wanted to say "Hi!" I need to check with my wife's schedule to make sure we are available, but I would like to attend the April meeting as well.

I have an 80g aquarium that I am converting to saltwater, and would love some advice and expertise to help me with that task. My SW experience is limited to a FO tank  I had when I was in fourth grade (in 1984), so I have lots to learn.

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 05:01:18 PM »
Tom, welcome. Whatever questions you may have, just ask.  Someone can come up with an answer.

206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline dakota's dad

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Damselfish
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 05:58:06 PM »
we have member that are fairly new like myself to very knoledged reefers to answer most any questions. and if they cant they know a good source to find info.  they have really helped me alot  in my learning curve.

good luck and remember Rome was not built in a day. I rushed things and have had to make a lot of changes and upgrades.

Paul
Paul:75gal aga w/ 400 xm 10k, 175 xm 10k & 24" t8 actinic with fish, sps skeletons & a few shrooms. 20 gal w/fish,enemones, lps & softies

Offline Cartman

• Goby
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 08:43:45 AM »
I might not beable to make the april meeting and wont know untill that friday so i guss its best if you dont put me on the list
I'm dead sexy !   75 Gallon Nano Tank

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 03:14:37 PM »
I would like to see a preview if possible of phosphate/media reactors.     That way I can decide if I want one please.
Thanks in Advance,
Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Offline kelly

• Goby
  • We doubled in size... :)
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 09:35:50 PM »
Hi All... I was wondering what it was you are making at the next mtg and why i would need one.  I still don't have a sump, I can't decide if I am going to upgrade or stick with my 45 tall and get the sump...  thanks for the info.
Kelly

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 07:04:55 PM »
We will be making phosban reactors, which is a device to take the phosphates (Algae food)out of your tank.

Offline BSHANE651

• Goby
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 11:01:37 AM »
Les, John-
Is this something...even I can make? If it is...put me down!
 ;D
IT IS DASHIA- SHANE DID NOT LOG OFF....AGAIN!!!!!! :-\
5 AGA
400 WATT MH PENDANT 20K
4X55 PC
XENIA,FROGSPAWN,HAMMER,STARBURST,MUSHROOMS, ZOOS, CABBAGE,ORANGE CAP, BROWN MONTIPORA DIGITATA

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »
Dashia,

No problem, I have you down for one.  Ed,  It may be tough to show you one because it is a build it yourself project that we will be doing as a group at the meeting.  All we have is pieces.  Its a build it your self project more than a buy a phosban reactor. 

Offline MartyK

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 06:54:58 AM »
Please put me down to build a phosban reactor (if I'm not to late).  I don't know that I need one, but I'd like to get the experience working with acrylic.  Any chance I could build a long, skinny HOB refugium shaped phosban reactor?  Just kidding - maybe I'll be able to take on a refugium after getting the experience with the phosban reactor.