Author Topic: March Meeting  (Read 10227 times)

Offline Kylem

• Goby
  • new 300 Gal Reef tank
Re: March Meeting
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 08:52:28 PM »
Thanks for the directions...best I have ever recieved!

Anyone want a rose anenome...still have one medium size still for sale that I can bring to the meeting or we can auction it off.
going price is $80-100.   I am selling these for much less....50% off  price=($45 ).  great deal exspecially for clown hosting.

See you there at the meeting.

Kyle Maddocks

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 11:18:31 PM »
We're very happy with the medium size anemone we got from Kyle.  It was very strong and healthy and the clowns love it (see avatar for pic).

I'm trying to come up with a way to stop by the meeting for an hour or so on Friday, but we'll see.  Hey Les, got any extra xenia these days?  ;D
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 07:38:32 AM »
Thanks for the directions...best I have ever recieved!

Anyone want a rose anenome...still have one medium size still for sale that I can bring to the meeting or we can auction it off.
going price is $80-100.   I am selling these for much less....50% off  price=($45 ).  great deal exspecially for clown hosting.

See you there at the meeting.

Glad to hear that!  As for the anemone, do the rose tip tend to wander as much as the green long tentical ones?  We had one of those for years and it was fine, then one day it took off and killed several coral as it went meandering around.   >:(

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 10:34:28 AM »
We have received the Calcium and Magnesium needed for the 2 part solution workshop we will conduct at the meeting.  I have about 6 gallon milk jugs, but that will not be enough for everyone who may want the CA, ALK & MG additives for their tanks.   A complete set of additives will require 3 containers per tank!   Anyone who can bring 1 gallon milk jugs or other suitable containers please do so.  Also please make sure they are rinsed out very well, old milk is rather unpleasant to the nose  ::)  I will  bring several 5 gallon water bottles of RO/DI water to use for this.

Let me know if anyone has any questions

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 11:29:59 AM »
We have received the Calcium and Magnesium needed for the 2 part solution workshop we will conduct at the meeting.  I have about 6 gallon milk jugs, but that will not be enough for everyone who may want the CA, ALK & MG additives for their tanks.   A complete set of additives will require 3 containers per tank!   Anyone who can bring 1 gallon milk jugs or other suitable containers please do so.  Also please make sure they are rinsed out very well, old milk is rather unpleasant to the nose  ::)  I will  bring several 5 gallon water bottles of RO/DI water to use for this.

Let me know if anyone has any questions

Rick

Do we need to have a tarp or anything for this?  I don't know as though I want spots eaten into our table.   :P

Offline dakota's dad

• Damselfish
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 12:02:39 PM »
We're very happy with the medium size anemone we got from Kyle.  It was very strong and healthy and the clowns love it (see avatar for pic).

I'm trying to come up with a way to stop by the meeting for an hour or so on Friday, but we'll see.  Hey Les, got any extra xenia these days?  ;D

my clowns and I as well am very happy with the size and quality of the anemone I got from kyle

Paul
Paul:75gal aga w/ 400 xm 10k, 175 xm 10k & 24" t8 actinic with fish, sps skeletons & a few shrooms. 20 gal w/fish,enemones, lps & softies

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »
News from the Turbo snail front is that they are not doing well.  The idea of keeping them in a Q tank does not seem to have worked. but never fear, your leaders are working on a replacement as we speak.  I will keep you posted.
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 08:42:28 PM »
We have a pair of buttheads...er..uh...that would be True Perc's - mated, they have laid eggs frequently back before our other butthead...dang...I mean Perc chased the male off and tried to take over.  The original pair are back together now (thanks to Dashia for taking the third away), and we'd be happy to find them a new home.  They are fine toward other tankmates, except other clowns...  Thought we could get away with a pair at either end of the 155 gal, but watching mama chase our new black and white clown was more than we could stand.  We caught the pair and moved them back to the 75 gal.  If anyone is interested in them, make us an offer.  We'd really like to take down the 75G and get it sold....stand, lights, tank, filter and skimmer...the whole thing,  fairly soon.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 09:04:52 AM »
I will be late tonight, but plan on being there.
Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 10:07:35 AM »
See you when you get there!   ;)

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 11:07:01 AM »
Vicki will be out of town, but hopefully Darrel can attend - we have new e-mail addresses, can someone please send directions to Darrel at deglasford@charter.net?  I can't figure out how to PM on here!  Thanks!
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 11:23:10 AM »
Done. ;D
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline dakota's dad

• Damselfish
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 12:07:41 PM »
Vicki will be out of town, but hopefully Darrel can attend - we have new e-mail addresses, can someone please send directions to Darrel at deglasford@charter.net?  I can't figure out how to PM on here!  Thanks!

if you go to the members list then left click on the little box to the left of the name it will allow you to pm but it wont let you veiw the members info.
Paul:75gal aga w/ 400 xm 10k, 175 xm 10k & 24" t8 actinic with fish, sps skeletons & a few shrooms. 20 gal w/fish,enemones, lps & softies

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 03:39:42 PM »
Nate and Colleen- I am sooooo sorry! But, I am having a small crisis tonight and will not be able to make it over. :(   I hope everyone has a great time and I will FOR SURE see you all next month.
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Zulreef

• Damselfish
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 05:07:23 PM »

We will not be at the meeting tonight because Phil has hurt his back moving. Thanks Zul :) :)
Hi, my name is Zul :-)
156 Gal. Custom Acrylic Tank w/ 40 Gal. Sump by Les
<"))))><><((((">  <"))))><><(((("> <"))))><><((((">