Author Topic: March Meeting  (Read 10202 times)

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
March Meeting
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:00:48 PM »
This months meeting will be held at Nate and Colleen's house, so we can all savor that beautiful new tank of theirs.  The meeting will be on Friday night March 9th at 7:00pm, and as usual it will be BYOdrink,snack,etc.  the topic will be the mixing of our own dosing chemicals for calcium, magniesium, and alkalinity, so if you have some 1/2 gallon milk containers, bring them along, we will be making up 10-15 gallons of the stuff.  We will probably be asking for a small donation, in the $3-5 range, to help offset the cost of the product. Unless you have and absolutely packed SPS tank like Rick or Les's, this donation should get you several months worth of dosing product.   We will again be having a raffle, including, 100 turbo snails, a nice bottle of Columbia Crest Sauvignon Blanc, some fish candle accesories, and some items to be named later.  If you need directions, PM Nate and Coleen or myself, and we will get you there.  I will also email everyone as the date aproaches.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 08:03:00 PM by tyler5g »
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
Re: March Meeting
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 01:01:01 AM »
I generally can't make meetings on Friday nights, which is too bad because I was looking forward to seeing Nate and Colleen's tank all set up. :(
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 07:56:38 AM »
I generally can't make meetings on Friday nights, which is too bad because I was looking forward to seeing Nate and Colleen's tank all set up. :(

Sorry to hear that Paul.  Guess you'll have to come over after Friday this week to get your credit back on the sponge then.   ;)  All the new fish (and the current ones as well) will be in the tank this Friday evening.  So...sometime next week or later in the weekend this coming weekend would work fine.  Just give me a call before you head over to be sure we are around.  Will be working in the garage all day Saturday, so should be around then.

Offline jewels

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 10:41:04 AM »
Steve, Chloe',Kenley and I will be there. We look forward to seeing the tank again.
Julia

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 11:23:23 AM »
Steve, Chloe',Kenley and I will be there. We look forward to seeing the tank again.

With all the lights running this time!  :)

Offline MartyK

• Goby
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 05:42:37 PM »
Sorry, but I'll be sitting on an airplane during the meeting...

See you next time.

Marty

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 07:51:42 PM »
Nacho and Nacheetah will be there because we need to win the turbos.
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 07:46:57 AM »
Sorry, but I'll be sitting on an airplane during the meeting...

See you next time.

Marty

We'll expect you to call in on the airphone to be part of the meeting.   :P

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 02:49:47 PM »
Someone get on the forum friday night and post pics as it progresses to keep me posted  ;D  hahahhahaha, you won't have time because you'll be having too much fun!  :'(
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 04:36:17 PM »
Someone get on the forum friday night and post pics as it progresses to keep me posted  ;D  hahahhahaha, you won't have time because you'll be having too much fun!  :'(

We won't have the webcam up quite yet...otherwise, I'd tell you to just watch that! ;D

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 06:50:57 PM »
Thanks Nate you're a pal ;Dl!!!
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Kylem

• Goby
  • new 300 Gal Reef tank
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 08:18:19 PM »
I would like some directions please!  ;D
Kyle Maddocks

Offline Jeff

• Goby
    • http://searles.clearwire.net
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 10:50:25 PM »
Sadly, I will not be able to attend.  I hope you guys all have fun even though I won't be there.  :P
30 gallon, 192w PCs with softies, and 5 freshwater tanks; mostly african cichlids.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 05:22:42 AM »
I would like some directions please!  ;D

Kyle,
Direcetions sent via PM. 

Jeff, sorry you won't be able to make it, sounds like you have other things to take care of though...best of luck!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 08:12:12 AM »
I am looking forward to this. 
Ed :)
come over and see..:)