Author Topic: Some new pictures of the 155  (Read 6807 times)

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Some new pictures of the 155
« on: February 25, 2007, 10:31:20 AM »
Thought you all may like to see what the tank is looking like a week after starting things up.  We've been moving corals over slow but sure, and have 3 of the 5 chromis in the tank (the other two were too stressed and didn't make it).  Microbubbles are better, have the spraybar turned down a fair amount, but the seaswirls are running at 100%  :)  It's been fun watching the chromis play in the jets.   :D

Offline Rico

• Tang
Re: Some new pictures of the 155
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:02:25 AM »
Nate & Colleen,

That is looking very nice.  Great job :)

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:32:19 PM »
That's exciting! It's got color now.  We really enjoyed seeing your 75 and it was nice so we can imagine what the big one will look like when it's all said and done.

Looking good!
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline jewels

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 05:50:50 PM »
It looks great! I know we saw it on Friday but the lights were off. Looks better when we can see everything  :D
Julia

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 07:50:34 PM »
Thanks guys!  Since Colleen can't seem to keep her hands out of the tank when she's home...there's a lot more life in the big tank after only a week of running than I had originally figured we'd have, but with this good rock, we are cycled and going great!   :D

Julia, we forgot to get you the screen for your tank.  If you still want some, let us know, I know right where it is, and we have plenty!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 12:15:57 PM »
Wow guys! The tank looks grea. Even better than when I was there on Friday! Papa Clown is doing great! (My other is named Big Momma so of course, this one had to be Papa) ::)
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »
Glad to hear that!  Are they getting along OK, or hanging out separately?

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 04:39:28 PM »
Looking good bud keep us updated.  more pics please!!!!
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 08:33:56 PM »
And yet another big beautiful moneypit, I mean tank is up and running.  Its like watching a couple of proud parents show off their new baby.  Congrats, it looks great! :o
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »
And yet another big beautiful moneypit, I mean tank is up and running.  Its like watching a couple of proud parents show off their new baby.  Congrats, it looks great! :o

I think you had it right the first time John.   :P  I've gotta get the timers on the lights and get the actinic's working...lights on for 15+ hours a day is killing us with diatoms!  Guess that will be easier after the new ballast for the actinic's shows up tonight.   ;D  I also will be able to get the 1/2 inch seaswirl working (replaced) tonight as well.  That will be good...more current movement. 

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 10:29:56 AM »
They hang out some and seperate at times! Just like a marriage LOL ;D
Nobody is fighting so that is a blessing!!! And, he is eating so again...good!!!
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 10:49:37 AM »
They hang out some and seperate at times! Just like a marriage LOL ;D
Nobody is fighting so that is a blessing!!! And, he is eating so again...good!!!

Awesome!  That's good to hear, hope they keep doing well for you!   ;)

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 10:09:58 AM »
Well...figured it was time for a new picture, and this one came out so good, I had to share:

Notice that there's a clam in there now!  Actually, there's 2, the other one is further to the left.   :)

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 10:20:39 AM »
It is looking FABULOUS!!! I can't wait to put a clam in my tank!

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 10:31:11 AM »
It is looking FABULOUS!!! I can't wait to put a clam in my tank!

Thanks Dashia!  The clams really add a nice bit of color, we are really happy with them.  Thanks to Ed for picking them up, and Shark Reef for the awesome deal!  Thanks also for the great colonies of SPS at a great deal.  One of the two we got from them is right dead center in front of the  the white pipe that supplies our spray bar.  It's going to be pretty when it colors up, I think it's got a hint of baby blue on it...as that fills in, it's going to look amazing!