Author Topic: Petco Grand opening  (Read 1943 times)

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
Petco Grand opening
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:26:27 PM »
Well, seeing as how I live 1/2 mile from the new Petco, I was chosen to go down and converse with them about the grand opening.  Sat and Sun is when it is happening.  Fish of interest are chromis at $1.50 ea, false percs at $14.99 ea, and with the purchase of the clowns, you get a free 1 oz bag of food pellets.  Their other damsels will be on sale as well, but we all know what happens to damsels.  Please remember that Petco keeps their SG at 1.021 so if you are like a majority of the club, and keep yours at 1.025 your acclimation should take longer than from other vendors.  I was also told at some time in the not to distant future, that they will be able to order fish for you.  You have to pay for the fish in advance, but they cover the shipping in with their regular order.  Check online  pricing to get an idea of the price of the fish.  Another thing you might want to keep in mind, they get their shipments in on Thursday or Friday, and they get in stuff that they don't know what it is.  He was telling me that they had a Scotts Velvet Wrasse (which run $80-140) come in and was labeled as a misc fairy wrasse and they sold it for $19.99.  Someone else told me of the selling purple tangs at $19.99!! :o  So keep an eye out, you might find a bargin.  I told him that he was going to have a flood of people for the chromis, so happy hunting. ;D 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:27:59 PM by tyler5g »
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Re: Petco Grand opening
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 07:37:20 AM »
What time do they open?  We need to get some chromis for the new tank.  We'll be in line first thing!   ;D

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 03:25:56 PM »
Has anyone  check to see if Petco offers On-line discounts at the store Like Petsmart does.. IE salt prices matched ?? ???
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »
So has it happened yet?  If so how did it go?
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:33:18 AM »
Asked that question when I was there on Friday, and they said "no". :-\
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline dakota's dad

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Damselfish
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 11:53:33 AM »
really

Lewiston will
Paul:75gal aga w/ 400 xm 10k, 175 xm 10k & 24" t8 actinic with fish, sps skeletons & a few shrooms. 20 gal w/fish,enemones, lps & softies