Author Topic: Letter from Scott Morrell (President of Idaho Marine Society)  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Letter from Scott Morrell (President of Idaho Marine Society)
« on: February 17, 2007, 07:45:41 AM »
Fellow marine and reef hobbyists,

The Idaho Marine Aquarium Society is pleased to present

Dana Riddle
Neat Toys for Reef Aquarists (and Researchers!)

Dana has been a marine aquarist since childhood, and a reef hobbyist since the mid-1980's. He strives to bring cutting-edge information to reef keepers. He lives in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii and is able to study coral reefs year round. His small laboratory has equipment necessary to examine corals in their natural environment and relate their requirements to artificially-created conditions.
Dana is the author of the book "The Captive Reef" and has over 110 articles published in American and European hobby literature. He has made presentations in at many local, regional and national conferences over the last 8 years.

Date: Friday, March 2, 2007
Time: 7:00 pm

Thanks,

Scott Morell
President Idaho Marine Aquarium Society
A fair and biased reef hobbyist

If you would like to go to this contact me.   I will get further details from Scott
Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Another letter from Scott (Idaho club invite)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 08:18:20 PM »
Fellow marine and reef enthusiasts,

Just a reminder of the upcoming Reef Tour on Saturday, May 5th.  Currently we only have a few tanks for the tour but we would like to get at least a dozen tanks.  If you are interested or know someone that might be interested, could you please let me know?  In the past we have had tanks that ranged from 10 gallons up to 800 gallons.  One of the nicest tanks I ever saw was a 6 gallon nano reef...

We usually have a mini-tank tour the evening before the tour so the hobbyists displaying their tanks, have a chance to see the other tanks.

I am not above begging and groveling for tour tanks.  Hopefully it won't come to that because it is a pretty pathetic sight... :-D

Thanks,

Scott Morell
President Idaho Marine Aquarium Society
A fair and biased reef hobbyist
"If I were going to set up a tank, and I am going to make some people mad here, I would use VHOs" Dana Riddle 3/2/2007

come over and see..:)