Author Topic: February Meeting  (Read 4206 times)

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
February Meeting
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:18:56 AM »
Goodday All,

The February meeting will be on Saturday February 10th at John and Angela's house.  The topic for discusssion, as requested by Darryl, will be basic reef water chemistry.  Please bring any questions that you may have about the subject and we will see if we can't get the answered.  The time is the usual 7:00 pm and remember to bring a snack and beverage of choice.  I also hope to have membership cards ready for dispursement, and if you have not yet paid 2007 dues, please try to bring that as well.  Thanks all and I look forward to seeing everyone. ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:50:40 PM by mikeydog »
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Re: February Meeting
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 07:37:30 AM »
Dang, we'll be in Silverdale getting rock for the tank! 

Offline jewels

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 04:24:21 PM »
Count Steve and I in.
Julia

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 12:27:07 PM »
Hello all,

Just some followup for the Feb Meeting.  We will be having our first club meeting raffle at this meeting.  Up for raffle this month will be 2 sets of blue chromis, one set of 3 and one set of 3,  as well as a donation from Rick's tank, a large green mushroom.  Rick can let you know what kind it is.  Tickets will be $1/ea. or 5/$3.  Hope to see everyone there.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:11:27 AM by tyler5g »
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 06:56:37 PM »
I have updated the main website.  Let me know if I need to make changes to the officers section.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 02:04:25 PM by psa »
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline sirfisher

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Goby
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 08:21:50 PM »
Nacheetah and I will be there so have plenty of raffle tickets because we can use some chromies.

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 08:41:50 PM »
The mushroom is a Giant Elephant Ear fluorescent green.  They get about 8 or 9 inches across but do not multiply prolifically.  If I can catch the small Rose Bubble Anemone that is cruising around my tank I will toss that in as well.  One of the Chromies came in with a bad bruise on it's side and did not make it, so it will actually be a total of 6 Green Chromis.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 12:46:45 PM »
Well, The elephant mushroom in question was not looking real good when I brought him home to my sump. He is in there, but the jury is still out as to wheather he'll be ok.  Keep your fingers crossed. :-\

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 10:14:02 AM »
Please see the revised post about the RAFFLE, not an auction.  Thank you Paul for pointing it out.  Also, we lost one of the chromis, so it will be two lots of 3 up on the raffle, and it doesn't look like the mushroom looks too good either, so should ot not make it, I will come up with something else to raffle off.  Email or PM me if you need directions.

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 07:39:15 PM »
Whole bunch more cool stuff added to the raffle.  Check for it in your email.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »
Whole bunch of cool people too.   Hats off to the Goldenbergs!  Can we do the same thing next month at your house? lol.   Seriously thanks to all for making this a good time! :)
Thanks
The Hahns
come over and see..:)

Offline Jeff

• Goby
    • http://searles.clearwire.net
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 04:51:57 PM »
It was indeed a fun time.  I like the raffle idea - especially since I won something. :)

Ed, what was that coral I won in the auction?  Was it echinophyllia?
30 gallon, 192w PCs with softies, and 5 freshwater tanks; mostly african cichlids.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 09:13:26 PM »
yes, a brick red enchino. :)
come over and see..:)

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 09:03:47 AM »
Excellent meeting - loved the raffle (also, especially since we won that gorgeous hydno coral - which is happily covered with polyps in our tank now).  Good job John and Angela - thanks for a great time! 
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 09:36:56 AM »
My daughter said she had a great time.  The chromis look great in the kids' tank, along with the anemone we bought from Kyle, and we added some of the purple digitata from John.

The purple rim cap and the torch went into one of the other nanos and are looking pretty good.  I guess we'll be contributing a lot on the next raffle just to pay for all of these!

And now you've got me wondering if the reformulation of Instant Ocean is worth trying out again (when I switched off of it four years ago it was really high in heavy metals, high in PH, and low in alkalinity).

Thanks for a great meeting.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.