Author Topic: Forum Upgrade  (Read 4921 times)

Offline mikeydog

• Goby
Forum Upgrade
« on: January 11, 2007, 02:42:50 PM »
So I have recently totally rebuilt my webserver, and after doing so I figured I was finally going to upgrade this forum.  We have been using PHPBB for quit some time and it works ok..  I am using this SMF forum on a couple other sites and very much like it.  I think it's a little more secure, and it gives me a ton more options.  Plus upgrading it and adding mods to it is WAY easier.

Now attachments are part of the actual board where as with PHPBB it was managed by a separate mod.

Anyway blah blah blah....  Check out this new board and let me know if you have any problems, or like it or don't..  This board also has a gallery feature which I am currently working on, which is once again built in..

So have fun and let me know..

Currently this is running on a temp server as I am upgrading Apache, PHP, an MySQL.  So the board may go down for about a half hour in the next day or so..

Oh yeah and sorry to those I bumped off today and lunch..  I'm sure you can see the reason why..

Mike
125 gal (setup 11/02)
150lbs sand, 110lbs liverock
1.255sg 80F
40gal DIY Sump, ASM G-4 Skimmer
Duel Chamber MSS Calcium Reactor
2x250w DE 10k MH
1x250w DE 14k MH
3x165w VHO lighting

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Re: Forum Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 07:27:35 AM »
Love it so far Mike did we get a spell check on this up grade??
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 07:45:16 AM »
I'm still having problems with the new forum.  I no longer get notified of replies (even though I've got "notify me of replies" checked in additional options).  Also, I can't see any links for old images, but can see new ones people have posted.  But, I can't seem to find a way to post any myself.  Mike had said there should be something under "additional options," yet, my only additional options are "notify me of replies" "return to this topic" and "don't use smileys"  there's nothing about loading a picture.   ???  Am I missing something somewhere?

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:40:14 AM »
I am having the same problems as Nate.  Also the DNS lookup from the club home page does not work with Firefox.

Not having email notifications is a pain in the A@$#

We really need to have the old pictures available.

Is there anything you can do about this Mike?

Thanks
Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline mikeydog

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 04:42:17 PM »
Ok an update.  I think the picture thing is corrected now.  Sorry about that.. 

The autonotify thing is automatically switched off by default.  So you will need to go into your profile, under Notifications and Email and turn on that option.

Rick you are now a forum Admin.

I'll fix the DNS lookup thing tonight.  You may also just want to change the link on the MCSAC webpage to read http://tcjokers.com/mcsac instead of http://tcjokers.com/phpbb2.

Sorry for any problems.

Mike
125 gal (setup 11/02)
150lbs sand, 110lbs liverock
1.255sg 80F
40gal DIY Sump, ASM G-4 Skimmer
Duel Chamber MSS Calcium Reactor
2x250w DE 10k MH
1x250w DE 14k MH
3x165w VHO lighting

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 03:18:16 PM »
Mikeydog you need to fix your signature because I am trying to figure out how you got 150lbs of live rock in a 25g tank ;D
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline jewels

• Goby
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 10:27:39 PM »
 ;D  Hehehehehe
Julia