Author Topic: January Meeting  (Read 3819 times)

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
January Meeting
« on: December 28, 2006, 08:59:18 PM »
Hello all,

The first meeting for the 2007 season will be on Saturday January 13 at Vicki and Darryl's place.  Following are her directions:

:D If coming from Pasco or Richland: take I-82 West, get off at the Queensgate south exit and go right, back over the freeway, to the stoplight at Keene Road. Go left on Keene and travel about 2 miles to Elementary, turning left on Elementary (if you go behind Albertson's, and hit Gage, you've gone too far). On Elementary, go about 1/2 block and turn left on Sagewood, then left on Darby Place (cul-de-sac). Our house is 1703 Darby Place, gray stucco, one-story, on the corner of Sagewood and Darby Place. Our phone number is 628-2154 if someone gets lost on the way.

If coming from Kennewick, go west on Gage Blvd to Keene, take a right, then take the next street on the right (past Albertson's back parking lot) which is Elementary, then left on Sagewood, left on Darby place, as above.  :D

Several things will be discussed at this meeting including 2007 Conference, future meeting topics, membership renewals, and other stuff as yet to be determined.  If you have anything that you would like to bring up or anything that you would like the club to do, please come with all ideas.  This is your club, we want it to be beneficial to all, so if there is something that you would like to see, let us know. I look forward to seeing everyone there.  

John
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
January meeting
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 10:07:10 AM »
We'll be there.  :lol:
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
Re: January meeting
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 09:56:18 PM »
Quote from: "VickiG"
We'll be there.  :lol:

Well, I expect we won't have to hold the meeting in your front yard then, which is good since it's been a bit chilly of late.:wink:

Hello everyone!  I haven't been on the board in...a lot of months.  But, I attended the December meeting, plan to come and renew my membership in the next meeting, and maybe even check in online from time to time again.

I've also updated the meeting information on the main website, both on the front page and on the meeting page.  I'm hoping to get around to revamping the site so that it is easier to update eventually and we can keep it accurate again.

See you around!
 8)
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
January Meeting
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 10:03:30 AM »
Good to have you back.  And, no,  you won't have to meet out in the yard!  We even have heat and likitytricity in our house!
Vicki

Offline Jeff

• Goby
    • http://searles.clearwire.net
January Meeting
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 06:42:52 PM »
so what time is the meeting?  I forgot...
30 gallon, 192w PCs with softies, and 5 freshwater tanks; mostly african cichlids.

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
January Meeting
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »
7:00 PM
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline Jeff

• Goby
    • http://searles.clearwire.net
January Meeting
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 11:10:40 PM »
Thanks.  I got that email from you with the details less than an hour after this post.  Thanks for following up on it. :)
30 gallon, 192w PCs with softies, and 5 freshwater tanks; mostly african cichlids.

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
January Meeting
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 09:33:51 PM »
We will be there and I can't wait to see your set up because we know that was quite the project for you.

See you all there.
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline BSHANE651

• Goby
Re: January Meeting
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 10:20:56 AM »
Hey Vicki and Darrell- Just wanted to say Thanks for hosting the meeting last weekend. Even though I was exausted, it was fun!
5 AGA
400 WATT MH PENDANT 20K
4X55 PC
XENIA,FROGSPAWN,HAMMER,STARBURST,MUSHROOMS, ZOOS, CABBAGE,ORANGE CAP, BROWN MONTIPORA DIGITATA

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 11:15:27 AM »
You're welcome.  We enjoyed having everyone here for the meeting and to show you our tank (even though the fish were shy!)  Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting. ;D
Vicki

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 12:11:59 PM »
It was great to see everyone.  Vicki and Darrell have a well-built system!

Does anyone have the date and location of the next meeting, so that I can put it on the main website?

Thanks.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 07:02:21 PM »
The meeting is always the 2nd weekend of the month, with the host picking Friday or Saturday night.  Since Angela and I are hosting to show off our new tank, it looks like it will be on Saturday the 10th.  See everyone there.

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 08:14:57 AM »
Sorry we missed the meeting....but hey...priorities.  It was a good play off game, and I've only got a few games left to hold me through until the next NFL season starts.   ;D

Offline BSHANE651

• Goby
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
Well Nate,
I made Vicki keep the TV on so I could see the game!!!  ;D And, it wasn't Shane that was at the meeting, it was me! I (Dashia) He just doesn't log off!!! >:(
5 AGA
400 WATT MH PENDANT 20K
4X55 PC
XENIA,FROGSPAWN,HAMMER,STARBURST,MUSHROOMS, ZOOS, CABBAGE,ORANGE CAP, BROWN MONTIPORA DIGITATA