Author Topic: The Big project has begun  (Read 19581 times)

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
The Big project has begun
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 08:33:56 PM »
Thank goodness, it doesn't leak!!!!!!! :lol:  Had water in it Saturday afternoon till Sunday afternoon.  Ran both  pumps for about six to eight hours with very little problems.  Had a couple of bulkheads that were dripping slightly, but thanks to Rick's Big A-- channellocks I was able sinch them down.  And The drain that I installed into he sump makes for a great way to drain the entire system.  Thanks for all the support and words of encouragement from everyone.  Next step will be to skin out the stand and build the canopy.  I'll keep you all posted.
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 02:34:38 PM »
Way to go John, keep us posted.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
John all them shots look good!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 09:56:25 PM »
Looking Very Nice John with Les giving you a hand I am sure nothing can go wrong! All looks very nice I wish you luck and I can't wait to see it up & running....Jeff :D
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 05:45:39 PM »
Well, a Mag 7 has been plumbed in to drive the refugium and the protein skimmer.  All works well, and circulates between the two nicely.  I plumbed in a stub out on the same line for the future installation of a calcium reactor.  The system is pretty much complete at this point, and the savings plan to buy the rock, which is my next step, has begun. Feel free to stop by and take a gander if you are in the area.
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 09:11:33 PM »
May I present the finished tank.......... :D  :D  :D

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 10:04:57 PM »
Looks pretty nice John.  Great Job.  Now all you need is some rock and frags.  I have frags I can donate and possibly some old dead fiji rock ( I need to look in the storage shed).

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 11:10:54 AM »
I gotta few dead pieces of rock, too.....
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Rico

• Tang
Your tank
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 12:56:40 PM »
Dashia,

How is your tank doing these days?  Just curious if the reduced feeding helped with the small algae problem that was starting?

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 02:43:47 PM »
Wow, that looks great John and Angela!  Very nice.  I can attest that Dashia's nuked rock is working out just fine in my tank.  We have two of her rocks, one that we fondly call "Dashia Cove".    Really coming along nicely - keep us posted with pics!
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 03:20:53 PM »
All contributions of rock are greatly appreciated.  Just let me know when you want me to come get it.   :D

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 04:15:22 PM »
Wow that looks awesome great job on that!  Keep us posted on the continued progress.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 07:06:44 PM »
John,

Stop by tomorrow so I can clean up the tank and some of the rock around here.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 08:27:33 PM »
Rick,
I'll stop by after work tommorrow evening, if that will work. If not , let me know, give me a call on my cell 947-3204.  Thanks alot! :D  :D

Offline dakota's dad

• Damselfish
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2006, 08:29:01 PM »
john,

looks great. i wish i had something to donate.

paul
Paul:75gal aga w/ 400 xm 10k, 175 xm 10k & 24" t8 actinic with fish, sps skeletons & a few shrooms. 20 gal w/fish,enemones, lps & softies

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 10:38:22 AM »
Rick-
Tank is great. It is very plain though. I lost all my corals, etc... in the big "DO OVER" a few months ago. I don't have any algae...knock on wood. I treated the couple pieces that were starting to have issues with Lye and lost a couple emerald crabs in the process...but the algae is gone. Fish are great. Thanks for asking.
Dashia
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!