Author Topic: Video Conferencing!  (Read 4983 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Video Conferencing!
« on: May 31, 2006, 03:57:01 PM »
As we move into a more technologically advanced society and the the methods of communication get more complicated yet accessible to the public I thought the club could invest in a video conferencing system so that members like myself can chat in and participate in meetings while they are away(far, far, far away).  :D

Not that this specific purchase would be only to satisfy my selfserving need to be at all the meetings with all of you but maybe someone who can't make it o the meeting can conference in on their computer and enjoy all of your company no matter how far, far, far away they may be!

Heheheheh, I am really missing the meetings, the friendships, the food, and the tanks.  See you all in June.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 04:21:45 PM »
Angel, I'm sure that we'd be consider using any such system that you purchased for the club.  :lol:

Of course, I'm sure you're putting together a rabble-rousing club of your own over there in Virginia.  I'm going to be in Lynchburg this weekend, but I doubt I'll see much more of the state.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 09:10:30 PM »
Hey Angel

How close are you to Myrtle Beach?  I will be there for the next 6 days.  If you are close it would be great to see you.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 03:32:29 PM »
Lynchburg, VA 2 hs and 28 minutes

Myrtle Beach, SC 5 hrs and 18 minutes via map quest

Myrtle Beach, CT 7 hrs and 29 minutes.

Rick I would love to see you but don't think you need to make either trip out just for a quick visit.

Paul you sure could stop by if you had more time.  

Take care guys and travel safe.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Rico

• Tang
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 09:03:13 PM »
I got a rental car!!  It would be a long trip since I would have to be back for classes in the morning.

Ok, we will see you in the Richland.

BTW, Celinda called wanting to know where to get new bulbs.  I think she was looking for VHO's.  Anyway I told her I would get her the ph# of Dr. Foster & Smiths so she could order some.  Maybe you coud help her out since I am out of town.  Also she was under the impression they needed to be replaced soon.  From the age she mentioned, I beleive you have at least 6 months left if not more.

Take care Angel
Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 10:09:44 AM »
They are the NO and not VHO's.  I am upgrading to VHO's when we get here so no need for new bulbs.  I was always told to replace florecents every 6 months though, is this not correct?  Thanks

Offline Rico

• Tang
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 12:58:01 PM »
Every 6 months is a bit conservative.  I have always run at least 12 months and somtimes push it to 16 or 18 months.  Just trying to save the $$ and really did not notice much degredation from the long run time nor much difference after installing the new bulbs.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 06:47:02 PM »
Thanks I, my wife, and my wallet thank you for saving us money.  i just paid $319 for four VHOs, ballasts, and reflectors.  Will give me 440w more versus the 4 NO at 55w each!  Thanks

Offline Rico

• Tang
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 04:31:59 PM »
Any time Angel.  So are you getting a bigger tank?  Les said you were talking to him about upgrading.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 05:31:06 PM »
Well as everyone knows once you start out in this hobby you learn you can always upgrade.  I would love to get a 300g in wall but I would have to do some upgrading to the house first so for now the 150g is going to have to be enough.  Les and I were talking about different designs and stuff so when I do upgrade I have an idea of what it will look like.  But when I do I will definitely keep you all informed.  Thanks

Offline sirfisher

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Goby
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 10:18:34 PM »
I'm excited about getting out of the 55 and into a 125 and here you guys are talking about 300 gls.  I guess we've got some catching up to do.  Nacho finished his stand and it was built especially for the 125 so there's no changing it now.  We will be working on closing our garage and turning it into his R & R room, so we have our work cut out for the summer but it will be worth it.  Unfortunately, the tank and stand will need its own room.

Maybe when all is said and done, we can host a "let's all go on a country drive" meeting.   I'll share pics once we get the tank setting on it.

Offline Lucy

• Goby
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 02:25:36 PM »
Carmen,

I can't wait for you guys to have a meeting out at your house.  That will be awesome.

By the way, you still need to get your own user name out here so you can quit signing as Nacho's wife.  You post more than he does anyway.   :lol:

Maybe we should have a "give Carmen a username" contest and we can all vote on the best name at the next meeting.  Or better yet, we can do a poll right here on the forum and vote that way.   :shock:   Just full of creative ideas, aren't I?  It would probably get a better response than the last couple of trivia questions.  
 :lol:
Barbie

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 06:11:17 PM »
I think Madamfisher would work!!!!  :D

So you guys are finally getting out fo the nano tank business huh?  :twisted:

Offline Lucy

• Goby
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 06:44:38 PM »
Hey how about FisherQueen? :wink:
Barbie

Offline sirfisher

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Goby
Video Conferencing!
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 09:10:10 PM »
I know, I hate saying that too and I laugh everytime I sign my name that way because I know what everyone must be thinking.  Tell me what I need to do to sign up and I will.  

My first thought with Madamfisher was Amy Fisher...the chick that was dating Joey Buttofucco and shot his wife Mary Jo, so no on that.  I really like Queenfisher because you guessed it...I'm the queen in this house even if Nacho thinks it's the Queen B (jk)

Carmen