Author Topic: April Meeting  (Read 6308 times)

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
April Meeting
« on: April 02, 2006, 09:31:59 AM »
All,
The April meeting of MCSAC will be at my house on FRIDAY April 7th at 7PM. For those who need directions feel free to email me at hoveracre@att.net.
I will be offering up for sale two small colonys of SPS, one Green Slimmer and one Teal Acro. The proceeds need to go to Rick so he can finish the nano tanks up.
I will also be showcasing my new skimmer I have under construction. I don't think it will be plumbed in by that time but it should be about 95% complete.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
April Meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 11:34:25 AM »
So, we're not meeting at Mike and Dashia's on the 14th, then?
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline Les

• Damselfish
April Meeting
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 12:19:46 PM »
No
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
April Meeting
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 04:54:44 PM »
I've updated the webpage accordingly.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline Les

• Damselfish
April Meeting
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 06:49:45 AM »
So I guess this means that you're taking care of it now. I will email update requests to you instead of rick.

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
April Meeting
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:05:41 AM »
Man...you guys are good at planning the meetings for times when we plan to be out of town.  We're going to have to miss this one too.   :(

Offline Les

• Damselfish
April Meeting
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 09:15:05 AM »
Actually Nate all the meetings will be on the second weekend of every month. We voted on it to make it easier for people to plan ahead. It's up to the host as to which day they want the meeting on though. Next month will be at Ed's I think, weekend of May 12th 13th or even on Sunday the 14th. That is also the weekend we are having the club yard sale at Rick and Barbie's.
On that note, anyone who wants to bring yard sale donations to this meeting please do so. We need to get on the ball for collecting yard sale items so they can be priced.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
April Meeting
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »
Nope, no meeting at my house!!!! Not unless you all wanna see a nice forest of green hair algae! It's quite lovely how it all flows so softly.... :twisted:

Les is right about the weekend. I guess I thought the 2nd weekend in April was the 14th! Sorry all.

Please make sure to bring some yardsale stuff to the meeting! We really need to get on the ball with this!
Thanks all
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Re: April Meeting
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 06:03:46 PM »
Hi Les Sherri & I Plan on comming over this Meeting I have been very lucky in picking up some dual Power compact reflectors that are 48" Long can you use these for the Nano tanks your building? Let me know....Jeff

Quote from: "Les"
All,
The April meeting of MCSAC will be at my house on FRIDAY April 7th at 7PM. For those who need directions feel free to email me at hoveracre@att.net.
I will be offering up for sale two small colonys of SPS, one Green Slimmer and one Teal Acro. The proceeds need to go to Rick so he can finish the nano tanks up.
I will also be showcasing my new skimmer I have under construction. I don't think it will be plumbed in by that time but it should be about 95% complete.
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Les

• Damselfish
April Meeting
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 08:04:14 PM »
Rick,
Note Jeff's post above!

Offline Rico

• Tang
April Meeting
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 11:22:57 PM »
Jeff,

Sure can, they will help a lot.

Glad you can make this meeting.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
How manny?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 05:21:02 AM »
You are building a total of 3 tanks Right? I will bring 3 one for each tank You may be able to cut them down and be able to use them on other tank in the future.

Quote from: "Rico"
Jeff,

Sure can, they will help a lot.

Glad you can make this meeting.

Rick

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Rico

• Tang
April Meeting
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 09:00:51 AM »
Jeff,

We are shooting for 5 tanks,  2 now to fund the building of 3 more for the conference.  Anything you can contribute helps  :D

Thanks
Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
April Meeting
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 10:41:59 AM »
Thanks Jeff! That is great.
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
Re: April Meeting
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 09:46:32 PM »
Thanks for hosting the meeting Les I would have liked to have learned about the skimmer you built It was quite the Giant! Your Tank sure was Nice! I really like your Repleasant  Anthias I was amazed on the size they are compaired to my Disbar Anthias. One other question Les how deep is your Tank?

Quote from: "Les"
All,