Author Topic: March Meeting  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
March Meeting
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:27:43 PM »
For those of you who I may have missed,

Fellow saltwater enthusiasts;

Just a reminder that this months meeting will be this Saturday March 11th at Rick and Barbie’s house in Richland. The meeting will start at the usual time of 7PM. For directions feel free to email me or Rick. Rick will be talking about proper ways to test water and also the issues with keeping softies in a stony coral tank.

I also plan on showcasing this year’s version of the new and improved nano tanks we are making for a fund raiser.

I look forward to seeing you all there and having a good time.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Phosphate Testing
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »
Rick will be talking about proper ways to test water

If anyone wants their water tested for Phosphate with a spetrometer send a reply and I will bring my hand held ...Jeff

Look forward to seeing eveyone!
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Lucy

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
March Meeting
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 10:20:01 AM »
Jeff,

Rick asked me to reply and say "yes".  Please do bring your spetrometer.  Thank you for offering!  I'm really glad to hear you'll be coming to the meeting.

It would be a great idea for all of those who don't have test kits to bring samples of their water tonight to get tested.  

See you all tonight!
Barbie

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
Bring about a cup
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 12:38:53 PM »
OK will do anyone elese can have theirs tested I need about 2 shots glass sizes but a cup with be more than enough see ya all tonight!...Jeff

Quote from: "Lucy"
Jeff,

Rick asked me to reply and say "yes".  Please do bring your spetrometer.  Thank you for offering!  I'm really glad to hear you'll be coming to the meeting.

It would be a great idea for all of those who don't have test kits to bring samples of their water tonight to get tested.  

See you all tonight!

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
Great march meeting
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 10:22:31 PM »
Thanks Rick & Barbie We had a great time :[/b]D  That Les is quite the ring leader  :P  Ed you stay out of Trouble my friend Zul & Nacho WHAT CAN I SAY WATER CHANGES WEEKLY GUYS! :P   It was great to meet all the new members :D  From Eastern oregon see you all in 2 months ..Jeff

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
March Meeting
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 06:59:09 PM »
Hey all. Sorry I missed out last night. Sounds like it was a great time. I talked to our friend from Aqua Tropics today- thank you to all you awesome club members for making him feel at home. It is great that he was there.

Rick- again I need to say thank you for helping me the other night. Your generosity is overwhelming!!!!

Keep and eye out clubbers for some 175 halides for me....just in case.
See you all soon.
Dashia
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline sirfisher

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Goby
March Meeting
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 10:13:43 PM »
Someone mentioned that maybe a full view pic of Nacho's 55 would be nice since it's too far to drive out.  He is upgrading from this 55 to a 75 and it should look alot better because he is making a decent stand for it and some other changes.

This is the before picture and I'll send the after when it's complete.

What a great pleasure to have new members joining the club because it gives us the feeling that everything we do and share in the club makes it soo worth it.

Welcome new club members!.......Carmen, Nacho's better half. :wink:

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
March Meeting
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 06:55:19 AM »
Looking good Carmen, keep cracking the whip it seems to be working.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
March Meeting
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 12:13:57 PM »
Carmen,
Looks awesome!!!! Thank you for sharing. Your right, mine needs more color! :cry:
Dashia
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
March Meeting
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »
Congrats Dashia on finally "seeing the light"!!!!!  Its about time you put some real lighting on that tank of yours.  Love, John(Angela made me write that).

P.S. Angela says that you are not allowed to miss any other events for at least 6 months.
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
March Meeting
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 09:58:52 AM »
Yes, I hear my name came up quite frequently (not nicely either) at the last meeting. Thanks guys. :?

Hopefully, there won't be anymore tournaments for at least 6 mos!!!!!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
March Meeting
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 12:06:04 PM »
Man I hate missing meetings.  I hope to be back in town around the second week in June (HINT, HINT!!)  Sure would be nice if there was a meeting around that time (HINT HINT!!)  When I get a date set I will let everyone know (HINT HINT!!)

I hope you all get the HINT?
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
March Meeting
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 12:13:29 PM »
uh uh Angel, what do you mean? :?:

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
March Meeting
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 12:22:41 PM »
I do have to come back and pick up my family don't I?  I am trying to schedule it around the second week of June to get back there and help pack, load up and move down here.  I found a place here that I can ship my fishys to. I have a partial plan in place.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
March Meeting
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 12:30:16 PM »
I got the hint Angel!!! I was just trying to be a smarty....you took the fun right out of that! :lol: