Author Topic: Anyone have PHP experience.. I could use some help  (Read 2977 times)

Offline mikeydog

• Goby
Anyone have PHP experience.. I could use some help
« on: February 23, 2006, 11:46:13 AM »
I am having a heck of a time upgrading this darn forum to the newest version.  The problem is that we use a MOD called Attach_Mod so that people can post pictures in there topics..  This mod is keeping me from being able to upgrade the forum to the newest version. 2.0.19, without wiping out all the pictures.  Or any upgrade for that matter..

If someone has some ideas or knowledge send me a PM and maybe we can get together or talk..

Thanks
Mike
125 gal (setup 11/02)
150lbs sand, 110lbs liverock
1.255sg 80F
40gal DIY Sump, ASM G-4 Skimmer
Duel Chamber MSS Calcium Reactor
2x250w DE 10k MH
1x250w DE 14k MH
3x165w VHO lighting

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 03:03:07 PM »
Mike,

Send (PSA) Paul a note,  I think he should be able to help out.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline mikeydog

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 11:34:05 AM »
Ok never mind.  I think I got it fixed..  Man what a pain.  I have literally been trying to upgrade the board for months.  I could get the database into a new version of the board but I would loose all the pictures people have posted.  For some reason the Database would not convert to the newest versions of the board.  I don't know if this newest version (released at the beginning of the year) fixed that, or I did some magical combination of keystrokes that fixed it.

Anyway this newest version should help keep the bots from creating accounts on our board and a few other security fixes.  

If anyone notices any problems please let me know..

Mike
125 gal (setup 11/02)
150lbs sand, 110lbs liverock
1.255sg 80F
40gal DIY Sump, ASM G-4 Skimmer
Duel Chamber MSS Calcium Reactor
2x250w DE 10k MH
1x250w DE 14k MH
3x165w VHO lighting

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 11:55:08 AM »
Glad you got it worked out.  I have worked quite a bit with PHP and would be happy to help out if you needed it.

Rick and Barbie - I still need to get information to update the main website.  The last email message I sent to you bounced.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Keeping up with the times
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 05:22:12 AM »
Thanks Mike for updating the board and saving everything It sure is great to know we have people like you and Paul who can keep this up and going and sharing information. I had been trying to get on for a few days untill I figgured out i was using the old 70.191 address any way thanks for keeping it up and Local! :D
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 08:30:50 PM »
Thanks  Mike for making this a better place.
Sincerely,
Ed :D
come over and see..:)