Author Topic: Fundraiser Brain Storms!!!  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Fundraiser Brain Storms!!!
« on: December 22, 2005, 08:28:09 PM »
One thought I had on a fund raiser idea was for the club to build 6 or 10 of the nano tanks like we sold at the conference. What to you all think?
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline Cartman

• Goby
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 11:28:04 PM »
That sounds like alot of work for Les . Not sure how much help any of us could be.
I'm dead sexy !   75 Gallon Nano Tank

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 04:48:17 PM »
Cost inhibitive too.  Why don't we start out Small and work our way up?
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Les

• Damselfish
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 06:19:21 PM »
Terry, Angel,
These are very good and valid points. Starting small and working up is probably better. Terry, I agree with you that would be lots and lots of work for me.
So, how about some ideas people? I know that at a previous meeting someone mentioned a frag swap/sale. After going through the setup with Rick for the conference this past August I think that will be a hard sell. Trying to get people over the pass or even down from Spokane area may be tough also this time of year.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 10:06:41 AM »
Hey all. Didn't somebody bring up the idea of a tank tour? I know the weather isn't the best right now, but possibly in late Feb early March. I know with the way my tank looks, I'm out....but some of you have awesome tanks that some people may pay to see!!
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Les

• Damselfish
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 11:21:51 AM »
Dashia,
Thatís a great idea, I had forgotten about it. I will nominate you to coordinate get it set up at the next meeting.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 05:39:46 PM »
Dashia the tank tours are a great idea.  That would work.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005, 10:15:02 AM »
OHHHHH!!!! I see how you work Mr. President!!!  :lol:  I would be more than happy to do it.... just don't ask me to show my tank to anyone! UGLY!! :evil:
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 03:36:57 PM »
Yeah, I mentioned at the conference wrap-up meeting that we do something with a tank tour similar to what the parade of homes and secret garden tours do - but of course on a much smaller scale.  We won't get the type of crowds that those events draw, but I think it would work to raise some funds for sure.  There is a koi pond tour I believe too, so maybe talking to those folks would be a good idea.  I can try to find out who organizes that.  We'd want enough lead time to get something on the radio - I can help with that aspect.  Also an article in the paper, preferbly with a color photo of a nice tank.  We also want decent enough weather for driving and not tracking mud into the houses - so early spring might be best, in my opinion.  In any case, I think it would be worth a shot to try to set something up.   Just wish I had a tank (with water in fish already in it) to be on the tour!
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 10:55:49 AM »
I nominate Vicky to serve on the tank tour committee!   :D

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 11:26:02 AM »
I second that motion!!! :D

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 07:20:20 PM »
I'd be happy to help out a bunch, but don't put me in charge!
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 10:19:46 AM »
DEAL!!!! :lol:

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 03:34:57 PM »
I have some stuff to donate for auction at the next meeting if anyone is interested in picking them up?  Just in case!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 09:01:35 AM »
I think posting pictures of frags you want to sell and price on here and Reef Frontiers.   List that they will be available and possibly delivered when  someone goes to Meeting in Seattle area.
I feel a list of  the price and picture of corals available would be awesome.   They could possibly pay pal you.   I see no reason why Reef Frontiers would not let people sell frags for Big Meeting.   I am planning on going to  a PSAS meeting on 21st of this month unless something happens.   This could possibly work for Spokane also.
come over and see..:)