Author Topic: Sad but true!  (Read 4633 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Sad but true!
« on: November 07, 2005, 07:37:42 PM »
Well as some of you may know I have been talking about a new position in Florida?  Well that's not going to happen because they are offering me a position in Virginia with a raise and my own office and staff.  That is something I have been working towards for quite a few years now and it will put right in line with my goals of going back down south in the future.

I was the only person nominated for Secretary but it seems I will have to decline at this point.  Celinda may be staying behind until I get settled in and Mireyah finishes school so she will need help with the tank at some point and I know my club will come through.  I am excited about the new challenge but sad at the same time as I have grown very close to all of you and will miss you guys.

I should know the final details by early next week.  Sorry to start the week on a low note. :cry:
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
Sad but true!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 08:19:04 PM »
I think that I speak for everyone in the club when I say you will be greatly missed.  Thanks for all of your help, and thanks for your freindship and good luck in all of your future adventures.
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
Sad but true!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 11:05:26 PM »
Angel that's about the saddest thing I've read all month.  This place just won't be the same with out you.  Keep in touch while you're over there getting rich and famous!  You will be greatly missed.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
Sad but true!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:35:45 PM »
Angel

That is the best news you could get... well except maybe that you're going to be a daddy again :P  :P

You and your family are going to be missed so much.  You all have been such  great friends and so positive in your outlook on all that happens.  And always willing to jump in and help anyone who asks :D   You are very special people and we will really miss you :cry:  Please let us know what we can do to help, we will be there.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
Sad but true!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 07:36:38 AM »
What if we all just say....NO!  YOU CAN"T GO!!!! Would that work? I didn't think so. :cry:  Well, not only will you be missed, so will your family. You guys are truly some of the neatest people I know. Of course we will all be there for you.
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Sad but true!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 06:41:04 PM »
:cry:  You guys are truly awesome.  Thank you for the kind words.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Sad but true!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 07:14:31 PM »
What?, you think I am gonna get all mushy on here...lmao..I sent you a pm..
You will be missed!
Sincerely,
Ed :cry:
come over and see..:)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Sad but true!
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 07:48:56 PM »
Thanks Ed no mushy stuff here.

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Sad but true!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 08:32:22 PM »
Angel,
I sure hate to see ya go, but I understand the need to progress with your job.
On another note, you're Ca Rx is about done. Had to completly rebuild the whole thing. Next time don't push so hard on the piping, that acrylic tube is not very strong.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline Zulreef

• Damselfish
Sad but true!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 10:28:22 PM »
We are sad to see you go but excited for you getting the promotion. You must be prepared to go where the job takes you, I can attest to that. Zul and Phil :(
Hi, my name is Zul :-)
156 Gal. Custom Acrylic Tank w/ 40 Gal. Sump by Les
<"))))><><((((">  <"))))><><(((("> <"))))><><((((">

Offline sirfisher

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Goby
Sad but true!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 11:33:50 PM »
Here is a more positive note and hopefully some consolation on all the sadness going on.

The club has gained Nacho as a member because of Angel and we would like to send out a special thanks for his friendship and for being so patient with Nacho, as he learned more and more about his tank.

You will truly be missed and we want you to know that you can count on us to be there for your family, should the need arise.

Good Luck!

Carmen

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
Sad but true!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 07:41:00 AM »
Ya know, the nice thing about these forums? You can talk all around the world! So, yah...you may not be here physically-but your fingers are still working! So keep on a typing Angel. We have to know how you and your family, fish, and dogs are.
 :lol:
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Sad but true!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 08:11:54 AM »
Congrats Angel!  I'm a little disappointed I couldn't get the talon ready in time to test it against your car  :P   You will definitely be missed, you've been a great help and a wealth of information.  Best of luck with the new position!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Sad but true!
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 06:40:42 PM »
Wow thanks guys.

Carmen, the help I gave Nacho came from the help I got from the club.  So Nacho has to pass it on.  

I will definitely keep in touch vie the information super highway.   :D

Offline i1justin

• Goby
    • http://www.perceptionaquatics.com
Sad but true!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 01:15:08 PM »
great to hear the good news angel, sad to see ya go keep us posted on everything
any years ahead = many mistakes to be made.