Author Topic: My Tank Update  (Read 30829 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Re: My Tank Update
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2007, 07:43:33 PM »
Here is a link to my space and everyone can see the tank when it was first up up here in VA.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.myvideos
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2007, 05:16:03 PM »
Latest pics
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2007, 06:28:05 PM »
Yours ain't bad there either Angel!  I see a coral beauty in there...I'm jealous!  I really wanted to add one, but  was afraid it wouldn't get along with the flame.   :-[

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2007, 06:40:15 PM »
My two got along fine!  They just need space to swim in and play on opposite sides of the tank. Even at feeding time they didn't bother each other.

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2007, 07:39:53 PM »
Oh sure...now you tell me.   :'(

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »
Oh sure...now you tell me.   :'(

Sorry bud  :D

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2007, 09:46:21 PM »
glad to see you still have your tank going  Angel :) looks good like always.
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »
Thanks Carmen I appreciate it. 

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2007, 09:05:05 AM »
Well I have this Red Sea berlin Skimmer that I have had for a long time and it has worked fine for what I needed.  I always had to tinker with the air and pump to keep it making foam though.  So the other day I was going through my box of misc fish stuff and found a rather nice Air Pump and decided to give it a try on the skimmer and WOW!!!!

What a difference the air pump makes!  I can see why so many folks go that route and add the air stone!  That maybe the next upgrade!

Got some other things planned to and so will keep everyone updated.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »
No air stone the skimmer went kaplunk so I bought a new one and now 350 bucks later I am happier than a clam. ;D  It is working great and I love it.

On another note my Bangai Cardinals had babies and I have three of them in the fuge.  They are eating cyclopeze and looking cute as ever.  I have never had fish babies in my SW tank, but have had Peppermint Shrimp babies in there.  Need to check the over flow and see if any ended up in there.

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2007, 10:01:03 AM »
Wow - that is great Angel.  What kind of skimmer did you end up with then?  BTW, I had heard (or read somewhere) that Bangais were going to be on a "no catch" list at some point in the future (decreased numbers or something) so you have some valuable babies there probably.  How fun.  Can't wait to see you this week-end!!
Vicki
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2007, 10:05:58 AM »
... BTW, I had heard (or read somewhere) that Bangais were going to be on a "no catch" list at some point in the future ...Vicki

FYI, not sure how accurate this report is, but I had heard it elsewhere and recently I read:  "The United Nations agency regulating the trade in endangered species, CITES, unveiled some 40 new government proposals for changes to wildlife trade rules ... Other fish species up for protection due to over-exploitation include ... .   A popular item in home aquariums, the striking tropical Bangai cardinal fish, is also a candidate for listing, because about 700,000 to 900,000 of them are collected every year."  source:  http://www.terradaily.com

Vicki

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2007, 02:47:15 PM »
So at $100.00 bucks a pop I can make $300.00 big ones for rare bangai Cardinals!  Woohoo.  Club members get a discounted rate of $100.00 just pay shipping and handling lol :D

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2007, 03:29:16 PM »
So at $100.00 bucks a pop I can make $300.00 big ones for rare bangai Cardinals!  Woohoo.  Club members get a discounted rate of $100.00 just pay shipping and handling lol :D

Ok, but you gotta put 'em in your pocket to get through airport security!    Seriously, it will be great to see you this week-end Angel!!!  The conference is going to be fantastic!   :) 8) 8) :)See you there!
Vicki