Author Topic: Halloween Costume Party  (Read 9021 times)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Halloween Costume Party
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2005, 06:39:46 AM »
Stace, Zack and I had a good time.   Thank you John, Angie, and Tyler for hosting such a good time.   I wanted to add that John and Angie bought a gift certificate to donate for best custume out of their own pocket.     They shared thier house, warm hospitality, then certificate.
Thank you very much!
sincerely,  
Ed, Stace, and Zack :D  :D  :D
come over and see..:)

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
Halloween Costume Party
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2005, 07:26:49 PM »
Hey everyone,
If anyone out there left without a platter or a serving spoon, Angela and I are guarding them with our life until you claim them.  So if you left them behind, let us know.  Also, if anyone can let me know how to reduce the size of my digital pictures, I can post them.  And Angela wants to remind everyone of the candle party here  on Sat Nov. 5 from 12 to 3.  Open house style.
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Halloween Costume Party
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2005, 09:15:41 PM »
Save you pictures from JPG format to BMP using MS paint.  Use the Image/stretch/skew functio and shrink the picture down.  Then file save as back to JPG.  And you are done.  Easy as pie.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
Halloween Costume Party
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2005, 09:40:04 PM »
I still think it is much easier to install the Microsoft Picture resizing tool and right click on the picture file (*.jpg) and select resize (small, medium or large) and then it is done.  No need to save as bmp or other hoops to jump through.

install the image Resizer tool.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline mikeydog

• Goby
Halloween Costume Party
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2005, 11:29:27 AM »
Yes but doesn't this tool overwrite the original file.  You don't want to do that because you end up shrinking your original permanently.  Later on if you want to print some nice 5x7's or 8x10 or some cropping you no longer have a high quality picture to work with.
125 gal (setup 11/02)
150lbs sand, 110lbs liverock
1.255sg 80F
40gal DIY Sump, ASM G-4 Skimmer
Duel Chamber MSS Calcium Reactor
2x250w DE 10k MH
1x250w DE 14k MH
3x165w VHO lighting

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
Halloween Costume Party
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2005, 02:16:29 PM »
Actually it makes a copy unless you check the box to NOT make a copy.  It lables the newly sized files as medium***.jpg etc.   It is nice because you can do a resize on an entire folder of pictures and then sort on the name to copy all of the smaller pictures to a different folder.  It is free and functions from the context menu with a right click on the file/folder you want to work on.  Great for its simplicity :)

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Bait

Photos
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2005, 06:44:57 PM »
The powertool resizer worked great!  Thanks Rick.

Try this free program from google if you need a picture indexer (does some other cool stuff too) for your PC.

http://picasa.google.com/index.html