Author Topic: The hero returns  (Read 2049 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
The hero returns
« on: September 07, 2005, 09:46:01 PM »
It was a dark and stormy night (felt stormy anyway and it wasn't really dark) and I was going about my business at work.  Then all of a sudden I get the dreaded page! (cue scary music) I go to my office and I pick up the phone, it's the wife in sheer panic mode!   :shock: I say "WOMAN WHAT'S WRONG TALK TO ME!!!"  I can make out the words "the sump is leaking" and I get that horrible sinking feeling.    :cry: So I start to ask the frantic 20 questions, are you sure? (yes)  are you really sure? (yes, yes) is there water in the stand? (yes) how much water is there? (a lot) how bad is it leaking? (very) can you tell where it's coming from? (yes, from the side and the bottom).  Where on the side? (on the side where the pump is and is squirting) is it the acrylic or the glass? (both) what do you mean? (it's coming apart) So I leave work early and rush home.  It's not as bad as it sounded but it is in dire need of repair.  I take the sump out reseal the whole thing but it doesn't work.  Two days later it's leaking again.

In comes the hero "Acrylic Man"  (cue hero music) Stronger than weld-on 40, faster than a dolphin 4,500, and smarter than your average bear! Les is building me a new sump in less time than it would have taken to order a new one from Amazon Bay and cheaper than Aqua Tropics.  More beautiful than any on the web and the man takes pride in his work!  He should engrave everything he builds, it will be a collector's item one day. :D

We have a true friend in our club and I definitely cannot thank him enough. Your license plate should read "IMDAMAN" or "SUPAMAN" or just plain "HERO".  I thank you, my fishies thank you, and my wife will thank you as soon as I clean up the living room and put the tank back together. :D
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
The hero returns
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 06:46:13 AM »
Gee Angel, you sure didn't sound this excited when I asked for some money!!!!!!! :lol:
But you're welcome. :D
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
The hero returns
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 02:21:08 PM »
Oh Angel.....yuck! I am sure Celinda was in panic-as my husband was when we leaked.... :(    Glad the Lesman is there! He is the best! :D
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
The hero returns
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 06:29:16 PM »
Quote from: "Les"
Gee Angel, you sure didn't sound this excited when I asked for some money!!!!!!! :lol:

Hey I know you can't build it for free!  Besides the cheapest I could find was almost $500.00 and so your $300.00 doesn't sound bad at all!  The hard part was getting the money from the wifey :D

Thanks

Dashia, yes you are right, he is a life saver!
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
The hero returns
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 02:07:33 PM »
Quote from: "Les"

This might explain why someone did not meet me on Thursday for Mysis..
come over and see..:)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
The hero returns
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 11:25:29 AM »
Atleast you understand where the priorities lie.   8)