Author Topic: The prodigal Fish returns  (Read 2131 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
The prodigal Fish returns
« on: August 26, 2005, 08:55:49 AM »
I had lost my Engineer Goby 3-4 weeks ago.  I chalked it up to the usual fish loss.  He was so pretty and big when I lost him that it was a little upsetting.   I checked every where for him, the sump, overflow, and under rocks.  So last night I was doing a little maintenance on the pumps and I see this little black movement from underneath one of the pumps.  So I sit back and watch and sure enough I see the EG pop his head out and wiggle around.  I was so glad to have found him.  He's a little thin but he has gotten really long and his color markings are really showing up nicely.  I put back in the display tank and hopefully he will fatten back up.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Yellotang

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 09:04:59 AM »
Oh Good Grief!
Ain't that funny.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:17:27 PM »
Yeah I thought it was great!   :D

You never know with huh?
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
gobies ya gotta love them
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 08:56:41 PM »
Great ending Angel I constantly have trouble with my little gobie going thou the overflows and winding up in the sump  :evil: But I just about have them Trained that not the place to go :shock:
I have screened and blocked it. but you just never know :wink:
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 11:52:57 PM »
Yeah I have seen a few folks with the screen now and I may add that to my overflow.  I thought he was just too smart for that! :D  

He is hiding most of the time now when before he was out all day and night.  Might be going through a little re-acclimation process?  Or maybe growing into his normal behavior.  The ones that Les has hide quite a bit and his Gobies are way bigger than the one in my tank.  The markings on mine have changed to look like the ones Les' Gobies have.  Truly remarkable and beautiful.  I may go buy another one and get him a buddy!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 07:35:12 PM »
Well he was out today when it was feeding time so he is eating well.  I think the engineer in him has come out since has dug himself a little cave under a rock.  I saw him carrying rubble in his mouth away from his new home.  I can't get over how pretty he has become.