Author Topic: red acro bugs or red planaria perhaps???  (Read 7592 times)

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
red acro bugs or red planaria perhaps???
« on: February 23, 2005, 03:23:37 PM »
I got some live rock from a guy who tore down his tank and with it came lots of hmmmmmmmm problems. :cry:  The little star fish I can deal with....pick them off one by one. The TINY little tan kindof round oval things that I am starting to notice however, is worrying me. I have been looking everywhere for information and I think I have narrowed it down to either the red acro :cry:  or the red planaria worm :cry:  But, I can't really tell. Any info on this stuff from you would be helpful! And, if you live in or around West Richland and want to take a look...let me know. I would love to show you.
Thanks. I am hoping I am overreacting, but not so sure.
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline mikeydog

• Goby
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 03:34:32 PM »
Post a pic so we can see what it is your seeing
125 gal (setup 11/02)
150lbs sand, 110lbs liverock
1.255sg 80F
40gal DIY Sump, ASM G-4 Skimmer
Duel Chamber MSS Calcium Reactor
2x250w DE 10k MH
1x250w DE 14k MH
3x165w VHO lighting

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 04:43:21 PM »
As soon as I figure out my camera. :roll:
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Re: red planaria perhaps???
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 11:40:31 PM »
Vicki do you have any wrasse's in your tank? The 6 line and other more exotic breeds lie the Leopard will eat the red planaria from what i have read from The Reef Aquarium By DelBeek & Sprung

Quote from: "luvnsalt"
I got some live rock from a guy who tore down his tank and with it came lots of hmmmmmmmm problems. :cry:  The little star fish I can deal with....pick them off one by one. The TINY little tan kindof round oval things that I am starting to notice however, is worrying me. I have been looking everywhere for information and I think I have narrowed it down to either the red acro :cry:  or the red planaria worm :cry:  But, I can't really tell. Any info on this stuff from you would be helpful! And, if you live in or around West Richland and want to take a look...let me know. I would love to show you.
Thanks. I am hoping I am overreacting, but not so sure.
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 08:29:45 AM »
No, I don't have any wrasses in my tank. I am waiting to get my sump drilled and up before I add any more fish. I only have my sweet lil' clown fish. Thanks.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 08:59:09 PM »
Shouldn't be red bugs since you don't have acroporas in your tank.  Could be flat worms, or copepods, or amphipods, or mysis shrimp, or any number of things.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!