Author Topic: Feb Meeting  (Read 7068 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Feb Meeting
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 06:23:33 PM »
Quote from: "Les"
I thought I would do a live demo of current in my new tank. And maybe show some options on supporting a large tank in your house.

Man that sounds great! But have we decided on the book meeting too though?  I really think wee could build a valuable resource for the club if we knew what everyone had and could ask to borrow!  :D
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Quiet tank
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 08:11:32 PM »
I am hoping to learn from the Master at making tanks more quiet :wink:

I thought I would do a live demo of current in my new tank. And maybe show some options on supporting a large tank in your house.
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Cartman

• Goby
Feb Meeting
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 06:37:03 AM »
Turns out i will be outa town on sat so everybody needs to revote :)
I'm dead sexy !   75 Gallon Nano Tank

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Re: Member list
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 09:35:44 AM »
Quote from: "The Apprentice"
I still have so much more to learn and Understand about this ever changing hobbie

Don't we all my friend, don't we all!
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
Sorry to hear
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 05:51:55 PM »
Sorry to hear this Terry was hoping to see ya  :?

Quote from: "Cartman"
Turns out i will be outa town on sat so everybody needs to revote :)

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
Thanks Les
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 12:34:01 PM »
Thank you again Les for hosting the Feb Meeting It was truely worth the drive  :D Love your tank and what you have done for it. I hope to twist your arm into some day making one of those 400 units :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  But first i will have to build a house for it :wink: ...

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Feb Meeting
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2005, 02:57:58 PM »
Why settle for a 400 when 1000 gallon would be better?  8)
Why not design the house around the tank??????  :D
Just think, you and your wife could each have your own 100 cubic feet of reef, and not have the hassle of multiple tanks to care for.  8)
On a serious note, I have decided that the flow you all saw in the new tank last night was too much like a hot tub on steroids. :shock:    And to think that there is one more closed loop pump circuit going in.  :shock: I intend to change the 3/4 HP pump motor to the same one on the Amp master 7500. (1/3 HP capacitor start, 1725 RPM)
I also changed the tank jets for that 3/4HP unit out from 1" to 1.5" tank jets. That seemed to help on the splashing some but not enough.  :(  I must say that I'm glad I have that set up in the shop and not here in the house.

Les
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Feb Meeting
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2005, 07:47:46 PM »
A most impressive display of man's ability to be over the top.  Way to go Les.  But like Rick said last night "its beeter to have too much flow and be able to turn it down than not have enough flow."  That is going to be an awesome set up.

Offline Lucy

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
Meeting
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2005, 09:20:56 PM »
I wanted to add my thanks to Les for hosting our meeting.  Your hospitality (and your mother's) was greatly appreciated!

I also wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the website with pictures from last night's gathering.  Take a look . . .

http://www.midcolumbiasaltwater.com/Feb05Meeting.htm
Barbie

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Feb Meeting
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 11:12:39 AM »
Fantastic meeting Les,

Thank you for talking about PNWMAC, Thank you for posting some pictures Barbie, Thanks for the good food and drinks, Great seeing some more new faces with lots of smiles, I saw lots of smiles.  That makes anyone feel good,  Did I mention the B-Beer?   It was fantastic.. :lol:
come over and see..:)

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
watch out for what you wish for
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 03:26:43 PM »
I may just take you up on that Les :shock:  :D

Why settle for a 400 when 1000 gallon would be better?  8)
Why not design the house around the tank??????  :D
Just think, you and your wife could each have your own 100 cubic feet of reef, and not have the hassle of multiple tanks to care for.  8)
On a serious note, I have decided that the flow you all saw in the new tank last night was too much like a hot tub on steroids. :shock:    And to think that there is one more closed loop pump circuit going in.  :shock: I intend to change the 3/4 HP pump motor to the same one on the Amp master 7500. (1/3 HP capacitor start, 1725 RPM)
I also changed the tank jets for that 3/4HP unit out from 1" to 1.5" tank jets. That seemed to help on the splashing some but not enough.  :(  I must say that I'm glad I have that set up in the shop and not here in the house.

Les