Author Topic: Feb Meeting  (Read 7071 times)

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
Feb Meeting
« on: February 05, 2005, 05:18:57 PM »
Les has agreed to host the February meeting at his place the weekend of February 18 & 19.  We are running a poll for 7 days to let the club members vote on if this meeting should be held on Friday or Saturday.  

Now is your chance to voice your opinion.  Please vote.
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Re: Feb Meeting
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 05:46:42 PM »
Wa hoo I have it off :shock:

Quote from: "Rico"
Les has agreed to host the February meeting at his place the weekend of February 18 & 19.  We are running a poll for 7 days to let the club members vote on if this meeting should be held on Friday or Saturday.  

150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Feb Meeting
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 06:24:41 PM »
Can I pull a John Kerry and vote both ways then deny I voted at all?   :D
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
Feb Meeting
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 10:33:56 PM »
Saturday works best for us too.
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline Lucy

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
Feb Meeting
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 10:56:33 PM »
Vicki,

Just so we don't have to read through all the messages later, would you please use the voting buttons at the top of the page?   Wouldn't want Rico to have to take his shoes off if more than ten people responded.

Thanks!

(he's reading over my shoulder and he didn't seem to like my post.  LOL)
Barbie

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
Feb Meeting
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 11:00:18 PM »
Well, dag nab it (who says that?) when I first read the post, I was looking for voting buttons and didn't see any!  But when I read your post, Lucy, there they were!   Then after I did use the voting button (I am very obedient, see?) and went back...again, the buttons were gone.  Am I losing it??? :? (the anwer is probably yes in any case). :oops:
Vicki

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
Feb Meeting
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 04:33:59 PM »
Ya know, I voted for Saturday....but I really don't care either way!!! I can swing either way! :?
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Cartman

• Goby
Feb Meeting
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 07:02:35 PM »
Angel its like this . I actually voted for sat before voting against it i am in full agreement with the date of wich the meeting will happen. Well actually out at Les house is best on sat for me i work Friday night
I'm dead sexy !   75 Gallon Nano Tank

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Feb Meeting
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 09:44:52 PM »
Quote from: "Cartman"
Angel its like this . I actually voted for sat before voting against it i am in full agreement with the date of wich the meeting will happen. Well actually out at Les house is best on sat for me i work Friday night

heheheh can you say "FLIP FLOP, FLIP FLOP!".
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 10:02:48 PM »
Agenda: What would the group like to go over at this meeting ???
Chemistry?
Reef Books?
Web site?
Common list of what evry one is currently keeping in their tanks?
Possible future frags that one may have to give in the future?
Ok guys i will ask for some of your thoughts

Quote from: "Rico"

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 11:18:19 PM »
Quote from: "The Apprentice"
Chemistry?
Reef Books?
Web site?

I thought the idea of sharing what books we have found helpful might be a good one (I think Jeff, that was your idea?) but since we are planning our new (first) reef tank, I'd sure like to hear "lessons learned" from experience - i.e., what equipment/husbandry/fish/corals etc have/have not worked for you....the old saying, "if I knew now what I knew then, I'd..."  fill-in-the-blank.   But this might not be as useful to experienced hobbyists as it is to newbies like us...just tossing out an idea to help get the creative juices flowing!
Vicki

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 11:25:11 PM »
Bring a NOTE PAD  :shock:  Thats what I did  :wink:

Quote from: "VickiG"
Quote from: "The Apprentice"
Chemistry?
Reef Books?
Web site?

I thought the idea of sharing what books we have found helpful might be a good one (I think Jeff, that was your idea?) but since we are planning our new (first) reef tank, I'd sure like to hear "lessons learned" from experience - i.e., what equipment/husbandry/fish/corals etc have/have not worked for you....the old saying, "if I knew now what I knew then, I'd..."  fill-in-the-blank.   But this might not be as useful to experienced hobbyists as it is to newbies like us...just tossing out an idea to help get the creative juices flowing!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Feb Meeting
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 07:24:49 PM »
Some of your ideas Jeff would be good threads for future reference!  Like what everyone has that they hope to frag someday and common list of what every one is currently keeping in their tanks?

Somethings we need to be honest and ask for a selling price because getting corals that no one has and having to pay for them can get expensive (ex: $50-100 for a 1" frag). For example the tort corals or some rare expensive stuff or even some hard to find zoos (some zoos run for $75.00 and you may get 15 polyps on a 2" rock)!  I know a lot of folks don't mind fragging their fast growing corals but I'm just talking about the more valuable stuff.  NOw by no means do I mean charge what I have listed just a reasonable contribution to add to our reef addiction would be nice.

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
Member list
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 11:16:49 PM »
You see on our member list and by our signatures on what some of the the typs of corals ,fish, and other Inverts we all Keep. One of my Task is I am trying to compile a list of all My Corals and Other Inverts that i have to share during meeting and when some one ask do you have this??? and how has it done in your tank ??? I still have so much more to learn and Understand about this ever changing hobbie

Quote from: "angelscrx"
Some of your ideas Jeff would be good threads for future reference!  Like what everyone has that they hope to frag someday and common list of what every one is currently keeping in their tanks?

Somethings we need to be honest and ask for a selling price because getting corals that no one has and having to pay for them can get expensive (ex: $50-100 for a 1" frag). For example the tort corals or some rare expensive stuff or even some hard to find zoos (some zoos run for $75.00 and you may get 15 polyps on a 2" rock)!  I know a lot of folks don't mind fragging their fast growing corals but I'm just talking about the more valuable stuff.  NOw by no means do I mean charge what I have listed just a reasonable contribution to add to our reef addiction would be nice.

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Feb Meeting
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 06:49:23 AM »
I thought I would do a live demo of current in my new tank. And maybe show some options on supporting a large tank in your house.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic