Author Topic: Pods booster kit group order?  (Read 3699 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Pods booster kit group order?
« on: January 16, 2005, 06:52:36 PM »
Anyone interested in jumping in on an order of Copepods? They are $25.00 a bottle and I figure we can split shipping to reduce the cost for Fedex overnight.  

Pods are great live food for Mandarins, scooters, wrasses, and any live food eating fish.  Pods are also great at keeping tanks clean by eating left over food, fish poop, and bacteria in the tank.

This is the place I would like to order from and this is also the place most people get their starter kits from.
http://www.oceanpods.com

Would like to order soon but wanted to give people time to jump in on this.  Thanks
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Les

• Damselfish
    • http://home.att.net/~hoveracre/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 10:10:31 PM »
Angel,
If you can figure a way to get them out of my tank, you're more than welcome. Maybe by clipping some macro algea you can get them.
I have more than I'll ever use, and more that the mandarin or wrasse will eat.
400 Gal Reef/Fish custom built tank w/90 gal sump. Dolphin Ampmaster 4000, Dolphin Ampmaster 2100, Dolphin Aquasea 5200, Dolphin Ampmaster 7500, Five 400 MH 10,000 K bulbs with 2 VHO actinic

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 11:49:50 PM »
Thanks Les I appreciate it.  That's the problem I have.  I have quite a bit of amphipods in my sump and fuge and they eventually get to the tank but not as quickly as I'd like.  Besides the copepod kit has a variety of pods that I think anyone's tank can use.  Thanks for offering though :D
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Re: Pos booster kit group order?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 12:40:27 PM »
I ordered 2 sets the first of January and had very good results Angel I highly recomend them I used one bottle to jump start a new tank and repopulated a spent Refugium They seem to hold up very well in this time of the year with the cold weather...Jeff

P.S. I didn't notice Copods what i saw from my order was Ampiopods the ons that look like little shrimp swimming thru out the Fuge. :wink:

Quote from: "angelscrx"
Anyone interested in jumpimg in on an order of Copepods? n They are $25.00 a bottle and I figure we can split shipping to reduce the cost for Fedex overnight.  

Pods are great live food for Mandarins, scooters, wrasses, and any live food eating fish.  Pos are also great at keeping tanks clean by eating left over food, fish poop, and bacteria in the tank.

This is the place I would like to order from and this is also the place most people get their starter kits from.
http://www.oceanpods.com

Would like to order soon but wanted to give people time to jump in on this.  Thanks
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 05:16:27 PM »
Angel,
   I would love to have a bottle of pods.   I just need to wait until I get back from Seattle so I know I have enough money.   How soon are you planning on ordering, maybe we can discuss this at the January Meeting at Zuls and get more people?
Its up to you, Thanks for offer, I have been thinking about this for a while.
Take care,
Ed :D
come over and see..:)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 10:28:12 PM »
Ed if we can add it to the agenda that would be awesome.  I wanted to see who would be interested before I placed my order.  I can wait until after the meeting.  Thanks all

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 05:56:13 PM »
I just got an email from Adelaide the lady from Ocean Pods and this is what she said.

"Hi there - Sorry for the delay in response, I have been travelling away from home.  I can offer a small discount, but it really depends on the number of bottles.  I don't like to post about it, because I am trying to maintain a fair competitive price for my vendors.   However, not many of my vendors have enough bottles to service clubs, so I do make exceptions.  Send me an email at adelaide@essentiallivefeeds.com and please solicit a number from your club.  At the least, sharing the shipping will reduce an individual's cost by at least $20."

So we can save on an awsome product.  Thanks and see you all on Friday.

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
Angel put me down for 2 bottles
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 01:59:18 AM »
Let me know how you plan on making the club order and i will get you some $$$ Jeff

I just got an email from Adelaide the lady from Ocean Pods and this is what she said.

"Hi there - Sorry for the delay in response, I have been travelling away from home.  I can offer a small discount, but it really depends on the number of bottles.  I don't like to post about it, because I am trying to maintain a fair competitive price for my vendors.   However, not many of my vendors have enough bottles to service clubs, so I do make exceptions.  Send me an email at adelaide@essentiallivefeeds.com and please solicit a number from your club.  At the least, sharing the shipping will reduce an individual's cost by at least $20."

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Re: Angel put me down for 2 bottles
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 06:30:53 PM »
For you no problem.  I will bring it up at the meeting on Friday.  Thanks

Quote from: "The Apprentice"
Let me know how you plan on making the club order and i will get you some $$$ Jeff

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 06:15:43 PM »
Not too much interest right now so I may wait until the 150 is up too and see then!  If you want to order just you and I we can though?  Let me know.

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
Ok Angel
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 08:18:47 PM »
Ok Angel Lets wait for that 150 to get going and also for the weather to get a little beter  :)  

Not too much interest right now so I may wait until the 150 is up too and see then!  If you want to order just you and I we can though?  Let me know.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 08:58:16 PM »
Amazon Bay has Booster kits for about 25 bucks with tax. Awesome deal.

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
good to know
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 09:41:05 PM »
Thanks for the post Angel saves on ups that way!

Amazon Bay has Booster kits for about 25 bucks with tax. Awesome deal.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 07:10:37 PM »
No problem got to spread the love.