Author Topic: Out of Town Meetings...last night and next week end..  (Read 9115 times)

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
good pratice!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 12:21:09 PM »
This is a very good point i have lost more internet bought Coral than frag traded or store bought. I have gone into LFS and watched the lights,water flow and even temps I have also looked at the LFS to see how clean the Tanks are I am also am  really concerned lately with the Red accropora Bugs but the more i reserch it the more it seems their is fish out there that will eat these bugs But formost the coral  dips of flat worm exit and a iodine dips seem to be the most 2 important things to do before placing in my tank. I am comming up on my fist year on my lights so iam looking into screems to put over my tank for 4 days to reduce the (new glare) untill the corals get used to the new bulbs...Jeff

Quote from: "Ed"
Jeff,
  Its always a good idea to start your corals lower and move them up in time with lighting.   This is something I was taught but often do not do.   When you buy a new coral please ask what type of lighting coral was under.   This will tell you if your coral will survive easier.   So as rule of thumb its a good idea to put new corals on the bottom and work them upward in time to adjust to new lighting.  
Hope this helps,
Ed :D
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
Out of Town Meetings...last night and next week end..
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 04:28:34 PM »
Ed, something came up this week-end, so will have to pass on the ride to Seattle.  Bummer.  Hope you find someone to tag along.  Have a good trip.  I still need to buy Eric's book.   Thanks!
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 05:21:34 PM »
If you guys want a book, you will have to give me money to get one...
Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
Eric's book
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 08:55:43 AM »
Ed & or Vicki what is the title of Erics book? Thanks..Jeff

Quote from: "VickiG"
Ed, something came up this week-end, so will have to pass on the ride to Seattle.  Bummer.  Hope you find someone to tag along.  Have a good trip.  I still need to buy Eric's book.   Thanks!

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 09:19:43 AM »
This is how much Marine depot wanted for them..

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=BKACS

Anonymous

Aquarium Corals by Eric Borneman
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 03:34:24 PM »
Jeff - this is the book I'm talking about.  He has others.
Ed - I would definitely give you the money if you tell me where/when to meet up with you before you go - I can give you cash (do you remember cash? - seems like a strange concept in our debit card world!).  Give me a holler - 628-2154 or PM me!  Thanks.

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
Re: Aquarium Corals by Eric Borneman
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 03:36:07 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Ed - I would definitely give you the money if you tell me where/when to meet up with you before you go - I can give you cash (do you remember cash? - seems like a strange concept in our debit card world!).  Give me a holler - 628-2154 or PM me!  Thanks.

Well, again, the site didn't log me in so that post came through as anonymous.  Anyone know why the "log me in every time I visit" check-box doesn't work?
Vicki

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 10:50:23 PM »
Vicki,
   I called the place where Book Signing is taking place.  They wanted 45 dollars plus tax for this book because Eric signed it.   It was a business ploy to make money.  :(   I will see if I can get with Eric and buy one direct from him :wink:
Ed

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 11:06:35 PM »
Ed, that would be great.  Is there any way I can get some money to you before you go?
Vicki

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2005, 07:03:35 AM »
Vicki,
   I live right on 2nd Ave in Kennewick.   I actually live up behind the Pub Tavern and Honda Dealership(places on Clearwater).   You can call me on my cell if you can catch me before 10 am.   We are planning on leaving at 10 am.   I am packing now and will probably be home or close until 10am.
Thanks,
Ed
cell phone -948-4013
home 374-0815
 :D

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2005, 10:18:42 PM »
It is a very nice looking book Vicki  :)  I just bought 2 books from Julian Sprung: Corals & Invertebrates " A quick refrence guide" I saw The Aquarium Corals by Eric Borneman at Ed's and it is very nice but it is almost the same from just a quick glance that it is closely like Julian Sprung: Corals so i will have to chete a steal peeks from evey one's elese copied for a little while...Jeff :?

Quote from: "Anonymous"

Well, again, the site didn't log me in so that post came through as anonymous.  Anyone know why the "log me in every time I visit" check-box doesn't work?

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2005, 08:26:09 PM »
Quote from: "The Apprentice"
It is a very nice looking book Vicki  :)  I just bought 2 books from Julian Sprung: Corals & Invertebrates " A quick refrence guide" I saw The Aquarium Corals by Eric Borneman at Ed's and it is very nice but it is almost the same from just a quick glance that it is closely like Julian Sprung: Corals so i will have to chete a steal peeks from evey one's elese copied for a little while...Jeff :?

Jeff,  Ed picked up the book for me and I am looking forward to getting it.  I have noticed other books that contain lots of the same info, even charts/lists (One of Michael Panetta's book has some of the exact same charts etc as Robert Fenner's Concientious Marine Aquarist, for example).  Like everything else, we take the info we can use so guess it is better to have duplicate correct info then none at all!  Are you going to the meeting Friday night?  If I don't pick it up sooner from Ed, he will bring my book to the meeting and you can take a look!  Hope to see you there!
Vicki

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 01:56:14 AM »
Nope have to work  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  Hope to make it to the next months meeting :D  I would like one monthly meeting just to have every one bring these expensive books to share so every one can see if its something they would like to get in the future :)

Quote from: "The Apprentice"

Jeff,  Ed picked up the book for me and I am looking forward to getting it.  I have noticed other books that contain lots of the same info, even charts/lists (One of Michael Panetta's book has some of the exact same charts etc as Robert Fenner's Concientious Marine Aquarist, for example).  Like everything else, we take the info we can use so guess it is better to have duplicate correct info then none at all!  Are you going to the meeting Friday night?  If I don't pick it up sooner from Ed, he will bring my book to the meeting and you can take a look!  Hope to see you there!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2005, 06:08:15 PM »
Apprentice a book meeting sounds like a good idea for February's meeting.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2005, 01:38:01 PM »
That does sound like a good idea - since I have so many books and nothing else!  Which reminds me...I hope Ed brings my Coral book tonight!  See you all there!