Author Topic: Out of Town Meetings...last night and next week end..  (Read 9108 times)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Out of Town Meetings...last night and next week end..
« on: January 16, 2005, 02:20:01 PM »
I just wanted to let you know that I was given some more corals last night.   I got a different colored cap, A different colored Monipora, Also a large colony of Stylopora.   I wish you guys could have made the trip.  Kevin did a pretty cool talk on lighting.   I took four pictures.  I also found a frag of the Blueberry Acro.   I have been looking so hard for that one again.   I have to wait for guy to frag it.  But he put me on his list.

Next Saturday, I am planning on going to See Eric Borneman in Bellevue, then hopefully to book signing and sale at Saltwater City.   It would be alot more fun if someone else wanted to go with.   It should be a pretty good time.

Ed :D
come over and see..:)

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 02:24:25 PM »
Ed, that sounds like so much fun - but I am really chicken about going over the pass in the winter.  What time are you leaving/returning?  I will think about it and let you know. Would like to meet you and would also like to hear Eric Borneman talk.  Haven't even got his book yet - next on the must buy list.  Still no tank - going slow.  But being educated is the most important thing at this point.  

You drive a Hummer, right?   :D

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 02:25:49 PM »
Oops - sorry - I posted that without logging in. That was me, Vicki (newbie!)
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 02:27:26 PM »
No, Old Jeep Grand Cherokee.   It was talking sweet to me last night coming home from Spokane.   I will be checking the weather.  

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 02:28:25 PM »
Wife is there right now in Seattle area.   It is raining..
Ed

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 02:29:31 PM »
Ok, well, I will keep an eye on the weather and get back to you toward the end of the week, okay?    Thanks!
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 06:22:05 PM »
Ed 's new slogan "Have reef will travel".  You are a mean lean travelling machine my friend.  I am going to make it a point to stop by and check out the new acquistions and get on your list for frags  :D
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Cartman

• Goby
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 03:44:47 AM »
Why didnt u do this before the baby got here ............ Now im not allowed to go places with my friends :shock:
I'm dead sexy !   75 Gallon Nano Tank

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Re: Blueberry Acro...
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 12:44:11 PM »
Do you have any pictures or links to see this coral Ed My Reef book have nothing to offer on Blueberry Acropora..
I would like to know more about it I am woundering if i could place it adjacent to my blue tort when i get it in my 75 gallon SPS tank.

Quote from: "Ed"
I just wanted to let you know that I was given some more corals last night.   I got a different colored cap, A different colored Monipora, Also a large colony of Stylopora.   I wish you guys could have made the trip.  Kevin did a pretty cool talk on lighting.   I took four pictures.  I also found a frag of the Blueberry Acro.   I have been looking so hard for that one again.   I have to wait for guy to frag it.  But he put me on his list.

Next Saturday, I am planning on going to See Eric Borneman in Bellevue, then hopefully to book signing and sale at Saltwater City.   It would be alot more fun if someone else wanted to go with.   It should be a pretty good time.

150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 05:11:26 PM »
Your gonna have to wait your turn for that one...lmao..I can show you a picture of it from my old pictures in Reef Frontiers.  

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/photos_members/showphoto.php?photo=444&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Here is a picture of it with blue tort on the right and the blue berry acro on the left.   See the difference.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 11:07:18 PM »
Blueberry Acros and Blue Torts (tortillas) sound tasty who's cooking for Smurfs?
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
sounds tastety!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 05:22:17 AM »
sounds tastety! and they even look beter :D  I hope you can get a frag Ed I will alos look for them in Portland...Jeff

Quote from: "angelscrx"
Blueberry Acros and Blue Torts (tortillas) sound tasty who's cooking for Smurfs?

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 06:36:19 AM »
Jeff,
   Your tort was gorgeous.   I will let you know if I find two of them.  I want to buy one.   I owe you a frag from last travel.   Stop by when you are in town I will try to pay you back.  

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
going to Portland
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005, 06:50:28 AM »
Let me see what I dredge up in portland next week. Sherri lost her Kena tree yesterday she is bummed  so we will see if what i can find for her I have also started to put some sps frags in the 75 kind of watching to see how they do under newer bulbs and the newer tank

Quote from: "Ed"
Jeff,
   Your tort was gorgeous.   I will let you know if I find two of them.  I want to buy one.   I owe you a frag from last travel.   Stop by when you are in town I will try to pay you back.  

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2005, 07:10:52 AM »
Jeff,
  Its always a good idea to start your corals lower and move them up in time with lighting.   This is something I was taught but often do not do.   When you buy a new coral please ask what type of lighting coral was under.   This will tell you if your coral will survive easier.   So as rule of thumb its a good idea to put new corals on the bottom and work them upward in time to adjust to new lighting.  
Hope this helps,