Author Topic: Please add your name to list, If you plan to go...  (Read 14748 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Please add your name to list, If you plan to go...
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2005, 10:50:02 PM »
Wow what a great meeting.  I loved meeting all the new members and Zul's cooking was amazing.    :D  His tank was nice too! :wink:

Thank you Phil and Zul for hosting and the topics discussed were educational for all.  I am looking forward to next months meeting.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2005, 07:46:21 AM »
I second that Angel!!!! It was really nice to put faces with some of these names. Where and when next month???? :D
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
great meeting!!
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2005, 09:35:10 AM »
We want to add our thanks to Phil and Zul too for hosting the meeting.  It was great to meet everyone, learn a lot, see a beautiful tank and eat some good food all in one setting!   Darrel said he woke up this morning thinking about our tank plans and designing a plumbing schematic in his head!   (I told him he has 'the bug' now too!)  So, we are off to Spokane today just to look at Aquatic Dreams and Ocean View to get more ideas!

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome - we are really excited to have found the club!
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2005, 05:57:56 PM »
Vicky, we are glad you found us too and decided to join.  I am overjoyed with the thought that our little club is not so little anymore!  It is great to see people talking about something they love and having fun mingling.  Our group is a fun bunch and probably the most giving group of people I have ever met.  Everyone is willing to give of their time, advice, and Frags! (You all know my favorite give away!!!!!!!!! :lol: )  I was excited that I can now contribute to the frag pool.  I look forward future meetings and I think the Conference this year will set the standard  for any other club to live up too.   :P
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Re: great meeting!!
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2005, 09:57:23 PM »
Quote from: "VickiG"
We want to add our thanks to Phil and Zul too for hosting the meeting.  It was great to meet everyone, learn a lot, see a beautiful tank and eat some good food all in one setting!   Darrel said he woke up this morning thinking about our tank plans and designing a plumbing schematic in his head!   (I told him he has 'the bug' now too!)  So, we are off to Spokane today just to look at Aquatic Dreams and Ocean View to get more ideas!

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome - we are really excited to have found the club!
Vicki,
 Les and I just got back from Spokane.   We had to have a few things.   I got a few really different corals.   We visited Aquatic Dreams after you.. :D
come over and see..:)

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
    • http://www.eoni.com/~quailxng/
Re: great meeting!!
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2005, 10:09:25 PM »
Well what did you get Ed :?:  Did you get any scores Les???

Quote from: "Ed"
Quote from: "VickiG"

Vicki,
 Les and I just got back from Spokane.   We had to have a few things.   I got a few really different corals.   We visited Aquatic Dreams after you.. :D
150 gallon LPS reef Set up March 04
75 gallon SPS reef Set up Dec 04
Oceanic sump's #2&3,Mag drive pumps
PFO HORIZONTAL LIGHT, Aqua C skimmers

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2005, 10:17:16 PM »
I got a cool frag from Soultas.  Its purple, with similar tubular structure like tort, its white with purple.   I also got a small colony of a different shaped acro, it looked like Jade green under 20K bulbs.   It just looks so, so under my lights.  
Ed :)

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
coral of a diffrent color
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2005, 10:20:33 PM »
I see that to Ed My blue tort was very blue at Upscales but in my tank it has more of a purple hue with the 20K bulbs. I am running 15 K bulbs on the 75 gallon tank when i am redy i will pull it over and see how it changes...Jeff

I got a cool frag from Soultas.  Its purple, with similar tubular structure like tort, its white with purple.   I also got a small colony of a different shaped acro, it looked like Jade green under 20K bulbs.   It just looks so, so under my lights.  

375 lbs live rock, Clams,lots of fish,SPS softies,Zoos,Anomes,And a few Pistol shrimps! all kinds of stuff

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
I got a cool frag from Soultas
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2005, 10:23:47 PM »
How did you get a frag from Portland???? I thought you went to Spokane

Quote from: "The Apprentice"
I see that to Ed My blue tort was very blue at Upscales but in my tank it has more of a purple hue with the 20K bulbs. I am running 15 K bulbs on the 75 gallon tank when i am redy i will pull it over and see how it changes...Jeff

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2005, 11:06:28 PM »
Quote from: "Zulreef"
Thank you everyone!!!!! :)  :)  :)

Thank You Zul!
I would love to help you put that new tank together.   I still have the kiddie pool.    I also have two trash cans.   We need a pump to pump water into tank and your plumbing and lighting done and I think you are set. :wink:

Jeff,
 Someone from Portland brought it to Kevin.
Ed

Offline The Apprentice

• Tang
What kind is it?
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2005, 11:15:55 PM »
Well what did you get?

Jeff,
 Someone from Portland brought it to Kevin.
Ed[/quote]

Yellotang

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »
Dumb Sh*t me (the * is an 'O') for some reason thought it was Saturday night, not Friday night. I figured that out when I looked at the calender at work and noticed the date. Got back onto the website and said, "What an idiot" Man I miss you guys and the one chance a month to see all of you I blew it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :cry:  :cry:

We need an imprompto meeting just for me.  :D

Offline VickiG

• Damselfish
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2005, 05:25:56 PM »
Quote from: "angelscrx"
Vicky, we are glad you found us too and decided to join.  I am overjoyed with the thought that our little club is not so little anymore!  It is great to see people talking about something they love and having fun mingling.  Our group is a fun bunch and probably the most giving group of people I have ever met.  Everyone is willing to give of their time, advice, and Frags! (You all know my favorite give away!!!!!!!!! :lol: )  I was excited that I can now contribute to the frag pool.  I look forward future meetings and I think the Conference this year will set the standard  for any other club to live up too.   :P

Thanks Angel.  We were pretty impressed with the number of people who showed up.  We ran into Nacho at the LFS on Sat. p.m. so it was nice to recognize a fellow reefer that we had just met.  Also met a couple who have freshwater and thinking about a reef.  Just so happens that I had one of the cards with the club website address, so maybe we will see them one day at a meeting too.   I can certainly agree that this is a very giving group of people as we've gotten lots of support and advice.  (and, when we finally get our tank up and running...well, I'll be looking for some of those generous frag swaps too!).  Thanks again for the warm welcome, patience, advice and general support for a couple of newbies trying to find their way in a very complex but exciting new hobby!
Vicki
"I always wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist" - George Costanza

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2005, 06:20:55 PM »
Ed did you go to Spokane today?  Man I wish I had known you were going I would have tagged along.  We plan on probably going next weekend and checking out the Fish stores (I mean Sites). :D

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2005, 06:24:54 PM »
Angel,
   Kevin did not get his order in, He still had some really nice corals.   Steve at Coral Reef sold over $6 grande of stuff had a excellent week.   He was also pretty bare when Les and I visited.   Les got a excellent deal on clams at Coral Reef.   I got two new corals at Aquatic Dreams. :D Ed